• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

HY07 MER ~ private number plate for sale soon (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
This plate is currently on our UK registered MH which we will register in France later in the year.
Looking for a fair best offer please.

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Don't know whether you're aware but retention certificates are now free & last for 10 years.
If you don't need the money you could always hang on to it for a while.
BJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't know whether you're aware but retention certificates are now free & last for 10 years.
If you don't need the money you could always hang on to it for a while.
BJ
Can you point me to where that's mentioned as I have one on a motorcycle which I want to hold on to when I sell the bike.

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
The fee for extension is £25 per year if the entitlement lapsed prior to 9th March 2015. If the entitlement lapsed on or after 9th March 2015 then your entitlement will be renewed free of charge.

There is also no longer a requirement to extend the entitlement period every 1, 2 or 3 years. Once your retention period has been renewed, the entitlement period will be valid for up to 10 years.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The fee for extension is £25 per year if the entitlement lapsed prior to 9th March 2015. If the entitlement lapsed on or after 9th March 2015 then your entitlement will be renewed free of charge.

There is also no longer a requirement to extend the entitlement period every 1, 2 or 3 years. Once your retention period has been renewed, the entitlement period will be valid for up to 10 years.
Ah, so that's only if it is ALREADY on retention, not for a new retention.

Oct 3, 2014
Llanelli, Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido 891F A Class
Exp
Since 2014
I have just put a number on retention it cost me £80.00 and can be on retention for up to 10 years for free no annual fee to pay.

Richard

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I have just put a number on retention it cost me £80.00 and can be on retention for up to 10 years for free no annual fee to pay.

Richard
What's the cost to then put it onto a vehicle - is it another £80 or is that free?

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
@MinxyGirl As I understand it it's an all in cost of £80 to put on retention and transfer at a later date.

Richard
@MinxyGirl

If you look at the Retention Document, half way down the left side it should say 'the assignment fee has already been paid'.
There will be no additional charge for assigning the number to a vehicle.
Stef.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
@MinxyGirl As I understand it it's an all in cost of £80 to put on retention and transfer at a later date.

Richard

@MinxyGirl

If you look at the Retention Document, half way down the left side it should say 'the assignment fee has already been paid'.
There will be no additional charge for assigning the number to a vehicle.
Stef.

Great stuff, I'll let hubby know so we can transfer the reg no off the bike now. (y)

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
This is how it looks...

s5829a.jpg

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
What sort if price do these sort of number plates go for ? you say offers but you must have an idea of what you want so why not just state what you would like . We have no idea what these plates are worth so enlighten us we may then be interested .

Kind regards Kate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
From a spectators point of view I think offers is much better. :RollEyes:

If it helps a quick search found this ..
Dodgy Link Removed
Thanks for the link . I have no idea how much these plates are worth and quite frankly wouldn't go looking at this moment in time as it's not somthing I had thought about buying BUT what I am trying to say is if I go shopping say at Aldi and somthing takes my eye and it's priced ok I pick it up . So my point is even though I wasn't looking for a number plate I might be inclined to pick it up . It was just a thought to me that the Funster selling Could be missing out on potential buyers .

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Our Hymer is L6 HYM :)
Thats close.......£ years ago we sayed on an aire in the Dordogne and another Hymer, the same as ours pulled in with S60HYM. The next night, at Beaugency aire, another Hymer with S7Hym pulled in. What are the chances of that ?
Phil

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
What sort if price do these sort of number plates go for ? you say offers but you must have an idea of what you want so why not just state what you would like . We have no idea what these plates are worth so enlighten us we may then be interested .

Kind regards Kate

Don't intend to be coy but a few nights ago I was researching how to register an over 3.5 tonne motorhome in France and it reminded me that we intended to sell our private plate before or as we registered in France, at that point I knew nothing of private plate values at all.

I have to point out that we work full time for 6 months of the year and at the moment it is our busiest time with at least 12 hour days every day of the week. Researching how to register in France was something I did as a change to thinking about work and was on a whim. We wont re-register in France until early summer when we have time off although I now see that it would be easy enough for us to re-register in the UK on a temporary (for us) basis to simplify the private plate transfer which is what I may do soon, put this plate on retention I think it is called.

If someone had come up with an offer that sounded good it would have prodded me to make a sale now, but I now know it that once we have the plate on retention there is 10 years to sell it. We do want a reasonable price for the plate, not the top or the bottom value, just a fair value. On a quick search it is very difficult to find similar plates to get a value against, but I will have time in a few weeks to research values and will set a price. But if someone were to say to me £X then I think it would create a reaction, that was the purpose.

I may be wrong but with a year related plate you can only fit that to a vehicle the year the plate refers to or younger, so in effect our plate can be used on vehicles 2007 to 2016 or 10 years of production. The example kindly given by SDC77 for a 2016 vehicle only costs £394.00 without plates or £431.08 with the plates made and posted. This gives me an idea as our plate can be fitted to so many more vehicles, a much wider group of potential buyers.

Don't mean to mislead anyone, but this is the entire story.

Last edited:

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013

Kind regards Kate
To buy a unused number from the DVLA is around £405 for the new year.
You can buy historical numbers for less, these numbers have been exposed to the market for a bit of time, usually £250
You can also buy from commercial dealers....usually more unusual numbers at a premium.
There are some cheaper ones that have been around for a while or N. Irish mainly.
We have six in the family.
Once you purchase one ( unless from DVLA direct) there is an £80 transfer charge to dvla.
In answer to your question i would suggest the HY07 MER plate would be worth between £500 and £750

To give you an idea, if it was H7 MER it might be worth quite a bit more.

One available now for your new Hymer Kate......

Broken Link Removed

£250. On DVLA website.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
To ascertain a private sale value just ask a dealer how much they'd buy it off you for. A little above that would be a fair price.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
To buy a unused number from the DVLA is around £405 for the new year.
You can buy historical numbers for less, these numbers have been exposed to the market for a bit of time, usually £250
You can also buy from commercial dealers....usually more unusual numbers at a premium.
There are some cheaper ones that have been around for a while or N. Irish mainly.
We have six in the family.
Once you purchase one ( unless from DVLA direct) there is an £80 transfer charge to dvla.
In answer to your question i would suggest the HY07 MER plate would be worth between £500 and £750

To give you an idea, if it was H7 MER it might be worth quite a bit more.

One available now for your new Hymer Kate......

Broken Link Removed

£250. On DVLA website.

Thankyou :) :) :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back