Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Following on from my last thread extorsionate service cost Peugeot, our Broadway went in under warranty yesterday to find where it was raining in and dripping on to the foot pedals and carpet.
I had a call this morning and they said that they had finally found where the water was getting into the dash board, and it was not covered by the Peugeot warranty.
They had removed the off side headlamp and found that my original dealer whom I'd had a lot of trouble with in the past had cut an hole through a large rubber grommet to pass the alarm wiring through. so in the extreme weather and with being parked facing up on our steep drive the rain water had been running down the alarm wiring and dripping above the pedals. Peugeot have sent me 2 photo's showing this so I could get back to my dealer but I have no faith whatsoever with them so I told the Peugeot technician to go ahead and fix it for me. So now another £265 down I've notified our dealer who said they will have to speak with their manager and would get back but zilch.

Enlarge this imageReduce this imageClick to see fullsize
002.jpg

003.jpg

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Following on from my last thread extorsionate service cost Peugeot, our Broadway went in under warranty yesterday to find where it was raining in and dripping on to the foot pedals and carpet.
I had a call this morning and they said that they had finally found where the water was getting into the dash board, and it was not covered by the Peugeot warranty.
They had removed the off side headlamp and found that my original dealer whom I'd had a lot of trouble with in the past had cut an hole through a large rubber grommet to pass the alarm wiring through. so in the extreme weather and with being parked facing up on our steep drive the rain water had been running down the alarm wiring and dripping above the pedals. Peugeot have sent me 2 photo's showing this so I could get back to my dealer but I have no faith whatsoever with them so I told the Peugeot technician to go ahead and fix it for me. So now another £265 down I've notified our dealer who said they will have to speak with their manager and would get back but zilch.

002.jpg

003.jpg
£265.00!!!! I would have filled said hole with a tube of silicon or something!

Edit, can't open pictures.

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
£265.00!!!! I would have filled said hole with a tube of silicon or something!

Edit, can't open pictures.

I'd still got to pay Peugeot for all the time they had spent trying to find the leak so I said just fix it properly.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back