OVERNIGHT PARKING AT DOVER SEAFRONT/MARINA (1 Viewer)

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Hi everyone,
Can anyone out there please tell me if it is still possible to park overnight at Dover sea -front near the marina for one night only prior to catching a ferry the following day,without having to get up at some unearthly hour to avoid the parking wardens. Many thanks for any help with this.gwyntaxi

OP
OP
gwyntaxi

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Many thanks all you funsters for your replies and recommendations,thing is we're travelling down to Dover tomorrow night and our ferry is midday on Thursday cos the wife don't relish a ferry crossing tomorrow which is the 13th. so Ithink i'll give Canterbury a try,anyone got directions,thanks again.gwyntaxi.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Why not get an evening crossing and park up on the other side ....we go to Gravelines aire nice little town and usually very quiet.
Absolutely, would have suggested this myself , but it's not what was asked, why anyone wants to stay on this side when they can be on the other side and ready to go in the morning always escapes me.

Crusty jack

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 640
Exp
Since1994
Yes you can park overnight on Dover seafront but be away before 9am. Can then go to Langdon Cliffs NT beauty spot to pass a few hours before the ferry. Canterbury Aire is nice too. Toby Trux.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Absolutely, would have suggested this myself , but it's not what was asked, why anyone wants to stay on this side when they can be on the other side and ready to go in the morning always escapes me.

Same here we used to overnight this side but haven't done it for a few years now, there's so much choice the other side and your made welcome which is more than can be said for the UK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back