Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
No idea how many this affects but we just got a re-call on ours, I guess most will be still in first owners ownership so should get the notification
Ours came in French and as near as I can translate it has to go in for replacement of a potentially faulty starter switch

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Thanks for sharing. I have not heard anything so far :Eeek::Eeek:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
if you go to the FIAT proffesional web site and type in your chassis number you should pop up any outstanding mods / recals to your chassis.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 31, 2015
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt,
Exp
September 2015
Just taken our 2015 x290 in to local fiat workshop for a diagnostics check for the dashboard bleed problem and they have advised me of a new recall for potentially faulty ignition/starter switches. The dealer was unable to confirm or deny that this is related to the problem documented in the previous link to the Australian problem which sounds quite dangerous.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for sharing I am impacted and think I will also ask about the dashboard lighting issue. This forum is just brilliant we are planning to go away in 10 weeks so a great piece of information.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks for sharing I am impacted and think I will also ask about the dashboard lighting issue. This forum is just brilliant we are planning to go away in 10 weeks so a great piece of information.
... might like to pack some Senacot as well .... :D

Aug 31, 2015
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt,
Exp
September 2015
Dealer has just inspected our ignition switch and confirmed that ours is affected by the recall. They have also now, miraculously, been able to provide some documentation.
Chassis numbers affected are 2729501 to 2904391.
Fiat seem to be down playing the impact compared to the Australian announcement but it does appear to be the same issue.

Parts have been ordered and should arrive next week along with the replacement dashboard.

Copies of Fiat documentation provided below

Attachments

• Ignition switch recall.pdf
    487.8 KB · Views: 151
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I've given you a 'like', @Broadsman although you are the bringer of bad news. Thanks for the information. Our vehicle is also affected :sick:.
We're supposed to be going away at the end of this month, so need to get it sorted asap!

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
phew just missed it, thanks for the info (y)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Just spoke to my local Fiat professional dealer and they confirm a recall on my chassis number. Only had it 4 months!

Jan 21, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Lo-line Coachbuilt
Exp
Just Starting Fifth Year
Is there any mention of the Peugeot Boxers or Citroen Relays? I have a 2015 Boxer but I have not had any recall notification.

Aug 31, 2015
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt,
Exp
September 2015
Not heard of anything and a quick Google doesn't bring anything up but probably well worth a phone call to your local dealer.

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Just been to the Fiat dealers in St Junien with ours and without an appointment he said he could do it right away and it took three quarters of an hour maximum.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Finally got round to putting the details of our vehicle into the Fiat Camper App and it also needs a recall.
Rang the nearest Fiat Professional dealer who booked me in for tomorrow, then rang me back to say the parts are on 'back order' but should be in at the start of next week. He will ring me tomorrow to re-book the appointment when he has a firm date.

Richard.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
No idea how many this affects but we just got a re-call on ours, I guess most will be still in first owners ownership so should get the notification
Ours came in French and as near as I can translate it has to go in for replacement of a potentially faulty starter switch
thanks for that ,ours comes under the re-call .have contacted fiat and are now waiting to get it in and have it rectified.(y)
Brian & Jo

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000

Is anyone supposed to inform us of any recalls, or is it just chance that we read about them on brilliant forums like this one. I rang our local Fiat garage and they checked and have us booked in next week.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Is anyone supposed to inform us of any recalls, or is it just chance that we read about them on brilliant forums like this one.
For Ford recalls they prioritise emergency, contract & high mileage vehicles first then eventually rolled out to motorhome owners - this is because the garages couldn't cope with the demand for recall work if all vehicle owners notified at once. If you are the first owner of the vehicle & registered with the manufacturer they should send out a letter but no good if they don't have up to date details of that owner or any of subsequent owners. One of the benefits of dealer servicing is that they should check & do any recall work or software updates automatically. With the high cost of dealer servicing it is easy to see why many motorhomes may have recall work outstanding so always worth checking. We have had 2 recalls - software & oil pump on our Ford in just 2 years of ownership & posted details on here for those that might not have been informed :
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/ford-transit-chassis-recall.87813/
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/new-recall-transit-mk-7-oil-pump-check-again-now.119234/
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...mp-may-affect-citroen-peugeot-engines.119871/

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I cant seem to get the fiat camper app to accept my chassis no, the website seems to be ok but not saying anything on there about recall. Mine was manufactured in 2014. I have the chassis no as well as the VIN but keeps saying not in our database, very strange.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
I cant seem to get the fiat camper app to accept my chassis no, the website seems to be ok but not saying anything on there about recall. Mine was manufactured in 2014. I have the chassis no as well as the VIN but keeps saying not in our database, very strange.
I had the same problem tried it half dozen times at least and finally gave up ,came back to the app the next day and over night it had accepted the chassis number without me trying it again and fortunately for me gave my van a green light so see what happens overnight .

Reactions: zac

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I had the same problem tried it half dozen times at least and finally gave up ,came back to the app the next day and over night it had accepted the chassis number without me trying it again and fortunately for me gave my van a green light so see what happens overnight .

Been trying for 2 days, are you putting in just the 8 numbers or the full vin number? essentially on mine the last 8 numbers from the VIN form the chassis no although i have tried both ways :(

Last edited:

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Sorry zzzzac ,but I tried both many times before I gave up so I am not sure which set of numbers they accepted ,at a guess it was I would say it was the long vin/frame number

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We're beginning to sweat a bit. Booked on the Santander ferry for 29th Jan. The Fiat garage has told us that there is a 'backlog' in obtaining the parts. We're trying a different garage on Monday to see if they're experiencing the same backlog. Don't want to set off for 7 weeks in Spain without getting it done. Fingers crossed!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back