LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
I got some prices today to cross the channel on 3rd June at around 6.45pm returning 19th June at around 5pm:-

These are all flexible prices.

Tunnel £188

P&O £176.80

DFDS £177 (no Friday evening sailings left - 5.50am Saturday chosen instead)

So not a big difference in the prices. For the sake of speed & convenience the tunnel wins again.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I've just had a look on the dfds site & it is giving me prices in euros & totaling in pounds !!!!!
If I go on UK site it gives me price in pounds ( which equates to euro price ) but when totaled is 40 pound cheaper . Think there must be a glitch in the system . I've emailed them.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
The tunnel has gone up a bit lately I think.

We are going over in March and it's about £210 return I think for a noonish crossing.

I am sure it was about £180 last year.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
The down side being you need to shop in Tescos.:)

#youpayintheend
No you don't! You can still collect Tesco points by using a Tesco Credit Card wherever you do your shopping. Having said that the number of points you get has reduced this year.

We've been using a Tesco CC for several years and managed to get enough points for a couple of crossing but now that they've reduced the number of points not sure it's going to be worth it. Need to do the maths!

Denise

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Shopped at Tesco for years, get shopping delivered every Tuesday evening (y)

My wife used to but for the last year or so has shopped at Lidl and a few things at Sainsburys/ M&S.

She reckons we have saved about £1500 in that time, and I haven't noticed the difference.

That's a few tunnel crossings...

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
No you don't! You can still collect Tesco points by using a Tesco Credit Card wherever you do your shopping. Having said that the number of points you get has reduced this year.

We've been using a Tesco CC for several years and managed to get enough points for a couple of crossing but now that they've reduced the number of points not sure it's going to be worth it. Need to do the maths!

Denise

We have got a Tesco credit card , but as you say the benefit of that has dropped significantly recently.

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
My wife used to but for the last year or so has shopped at Lidl and a few things at Sainsburys/ M&S.

She reckons we have saved about £1500 in that time, and I haven't noticed the difference.

That's a few tunnel crossings...
There is only a co-op & spar in Sandwich, where I do get top up bits but working full time I don't have the time or the inclination to shop around. We have to travel for any other supermarkets. I also use my Tesco credit card to pay for everything possible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
There is only a co-op & spar in Sandwich, where I do get top up bits but working full time I don't have the time or the inclination to shop around. We have to travel for any other supermarkets. I also use my Tesco credit card to pay for everything possible.

I do get that(y)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Just booked Dover to Calais one way this week £46.80 (y)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I booked two return crossings Dover Dunkirk last Nov £36.00 each way so £152.00 for two holidays (y)

Edit; all four crossings with DFDS 08.00 Sundays.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Just wish we could book something! Can't sort our holiday until after Joe has seen his consultant later this month.

Hoping we can get away shortly after he is due to retire at the end of April.

Denise

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
@scousebird I can't really 'like' that but I know what you mean :( We booked the early one coz we are driving down on Weds then stop overnight, early ferry then a few hours driving in France before the sun sets(y)

It's deffo time for a few weeks away :D:D:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back