For those who remember Pusser (1 Viewer)

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
A post from the other side

http://forums.The Dark Side.com/70-memory/170545-pusser-rip.html

Bugger it's censored. Still you can get the gist from the name of the link if Jim doesn't let it through.

Dick

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I never met Pusser but enjoyed reading his book and his posts.
He was a member on Fun some time ago I believe.
Sad to hear of his passing,
R.I.P. Pusser.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I bought one of his books on kindle.

Very funny.

RIP Pusser.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Glandwr

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Here's the post that was on facts

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.

Pusser RIP
It is with great sadness to inform you of the passing of one of Motorhome Facts National Treasures. Our beloved Pusser.

There is a link to the official obituary in the Bucks Herald below but Pusser (John) passed away peacefully at home on Friday 13 November 2015.

Pusser was one of the very early members on our forum and over the years kept many of us entertained with his often eye watering humour and stories about his trips and adventures. Indeed it was Pusser’s way of writing which shaped the tone of my own blogs over the years.

He touched so many far and wide with his humorous accounts of his trips away, the epic fails and his encounters with people he met along the way. One of his funniest lines (for me) was his wife shouting at him to slow down in France (Pussers Report Part 3) “Slow down! - you are doing more than 50 Rappels”. Broken Link Removed “How many Rappels are you doing?” has become the norm in our van now.

Sadly I never got to meet Pusser and I don’t think many did but I felt like I knew him. We kept in touch by email and on the forums and often traded stories about work (he also worked in IT) but mainly just laughs really. I knew he was ill and wanted to find out what had become of him so with the help of Spykal and Erneboy I manged to track down his daughter Sherie who (after establishing I wasn’t a stalker / nutter) kindly agreed for me to write an obituary for him on here.

Pusser could go on a bit in his stories but I never got board of reading them and he was one of those posters that as soon as you saw a topic started by him or a reply in a thread your face would light up and you would smile with the anticipation of reading what he had posted.

He also wrote a brilliantly funny book (Pussers Progress) for kindle which I would encourage you to download. It might raise some cheer in the gloomy months ahead. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pussers-Prog...ssers+Progress
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004LLIJ6G/?tag=mhf04-21
Thankfully his accounts on here have been preserved for all time. I have over the last few days been scouring the archives back to 2004 and have included some links below to some of his most memorable threads. There is enough there to keep you going until Spring! Broken Link Removed

Please feel free to post any of yours. I will be sending Sherie a link to this thread so hopefully the family can enjoy them also.

Rest in Peace Pusser me old mate. Gone but not forgotten. Thanks for all the laughs!

Bucks Herald Obituary Dodgy Link Removed

Book
Pussers Progress
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pussers-Prog...ssers+Progress

“Slow down - you are doing more than 50 Rappels”.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Truly saddened to hear this, never had the pleasure of meeting him but had much laughing reading his tales.
R.I.P PUSSER :cry::cry:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
An old school character, they are getting thinner on the ground by the year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back