feel at home - 3 PAYG any body used this (1 Viewer)

johnnywarbo

Free Member
Jan 10, 2016
france
Funster No
MH
van conversion HGV
Exp
since 1989
hello - we are living in france in our truck we have been here for 5 weeks now - and have been using 3 ''feel at home ''PAYG sim ( they state that its only for visiting abroad - 2 months max ) i am considering getting a friend to bring a new sim over in a few weeks and having another 2 months - obviously i will change my number but thats ok !!! and register another email etc and bank card for topping up --£20 a month is great for what we need as we use my iphone a lot for google maps skyping , face time , checking mail etc - any body else do this ???????? i have 3 weeks left on the time scale and i am looking for awnsers HELP is anybody can ????

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Just wondering ...why not use the post office to get your new sim delivered?
You could have a mailbox for a week or so in a French post office. Probably far less expensive than to get your friend to come to France

Think twice before you answer as you're only allowed 5 posts , unless you pay your membership, 15£.
Also, depending where you are at the moment, you could use some funster's address here in France....if you ask nicely;)

Amicalement

Frankie:)

Deleted User
Why not go into an Orange or SFR shop and get a French PAYG sim.I have done this with both, currently use Orange because the signal is better where we are in France but both can be topped up but unfortunately only in the shop and not online.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I'm on payg with 3 and am now, despite all the posts to the contrary, now into my 5th month using the same sim
Had over three months earlier last year and returned to Spain in November and still using it.
Have no idea why...but have read previous posts suggesting that contract differ from payg.
Have a second sim ready if needed!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I'm on payg with 3 and am now, despite all the posts to the contrary, now into my 5th month using the same sim
Had over three months earlier last year and returned to Spain in November and still using it.
Have no idea why...but have read previous posts suggesting that contract differ from payg.
Have a second sim ready if needed!
I have just changed to 3 contract and was wondering about this 2 month limit as I could not find and reference to it on the stuff I have from them and we are away normally for 2-3 months at a time. So its good to know your actual experience than a third party third hand opinion. Thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back