Don't be Alarmed!! (1 Viewer)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
A few days ago I popped into the van parked in the drive. Immediately I could hear a low volume high pitch screech, one of those sounds that is difficult to identify exactly where it's coming from. I checked the normal alarming units..fire alarm, van alarm, carbon monoxide alarm, vehicle immobilizer alarm. I was sure it was coming from the low level outside temperature unit, even took out the batteries but no, it kept going. Les came out and between us we worked out it was coming from the cab area but we could not pinpoint it's location despite crawling about the floor and rummaging through all the stuff on the overcab. Eventually I started the engine and the alarm stopped and did not come on again when I turned the engine off........That left me even more baffled.... Next day, all was quiet. Yesterday I went in and it was going again, louder this time. Another hour searching and nothing found. Again I started the engine and again it stopped.
Right over to you lot. I now know what it was but have you any ideas?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Surprised mice? ;)
1329443-tn_mouse.jpg

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Have you got a Vanbitz alarm? Our handheld pager thingy sometimes went off in the glove box.

Nope, but there are alarm switches in the glove box ( don't tell anyone!) but these are not active at the moment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
OK, getting late. Will leave you in suspenders until the morning, give everyone a chance to sleep on it. Night all.:hi:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
wind in the willow
OK, getting late. Will leave you in suspenders until the morning, give everyone a chance to sleep on it. Night all.:hi:
Is this a clue.......is it something to do with the bed.....(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Low battery level warning?

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
wind in the willow

Is this a clue.......is it something to do with the bed.....(y)

Definitely getting late...my brain is having problems.....Is that "Wind in the willow" or is it " Wind in the willow"?!! As for "bed", nope, no clue...sorry.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Definitely getting late...my brain is having problems.....Is that "Wind in the willow" or is it " Wind in the willow"?!! As for "bed", nope, no clue...sorry.
I have no idea where this wind in the willows came from. Does it have anything to do with a poltergeist. :)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Spooky I was going to say that.....:) I have one of those smart alarm alert and recommend to anyone that has a look round our MH.

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Does that not turn off with the main 12v switch??

I assume you are talking about the aerial booster supply?. Not sure but I never turn off the mains supply switch anyway as I assume other alarms are connected in that same circuitry. The low level battery alarm is connected directly across the habitation battery terminals and is located under my driving seat, hence the difficulty in trying to work out where the sound was coming from....,I will know next time!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back