Greek Ferries (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2011
Stoney Stanton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Looking to have a trip to Greece and catching the ferry from Ancona to may be Igiomenista or Patras. Has anyone done this route recently and any idea of ferry costs? :(

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Done this route many times. When are you going? Check out the Superfast/Anek ferries - they allow camping on board in your own van with access to toilets and showers on the deck you are parked and also access to all the other facilities on board. Great way to travel.

http://web.anek.gr/portal/page/portal/ANEK_prod

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Took the Ancona to Patras ferry a week ago. Single ticket 3.4mtr high, 8 long, relining business seats X2 cost 285 euro with an ADAC discount. Cabins I think were an extra 60 euro a head, time was 24 hrs, line was Minoian. I believe a return would have seen a further 25-30% discount.

Dick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I don't think Minoan do a 'camping on board' option that allows you to stay in your own van. We always took the Superfast/Anek option because we had dog(s) and it meant they could stay in the van with us. With Minoan you have to book a pet cabin (expensive) or put them in the Minoan kennels (not nice).

Deleted User
We used Anek camp on board last year.
If you go into our blog in our signature there is a link at top to a page which gives details of our experience. It was about 200 euros single from Patras last Easter time.

Lin :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You have just missed Minloan lines early booking offer 30% off until 11 Jan.
However you can still get a good deal, we paid €500 last year about £425, with their camper package, same price to Igiomenista or Patras even though it's another 5 hours to Patras.
Booked in Feb and still got I think 15% early booking discount , another 10% for over 60 & 10% for member of Miloan Bouns Club (free to join). used Viamare to book very good company to deal with.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I don't think Minoan do a 'camping on board' option that allows you to stay in your own van. We always took the Superfast/Anek option because we had dog(s) and it meant they could stay in the van with us. With Minoan you have to book a pet cabin (expensive) or put them in the Minoan kennels (not nice).
That's right they do a camping package which gives you a 2 berth cabin & 30% discount on meals a pet cabin is €25 (€50 if not a Bonus Club member).

Russ Humphreys

Free Member
Aug 30, 2016
Trefonen
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbi
We are crossing from Italy to Corfu 30th September.

BUT I've searched and searched for corfu to mainland Greece in Oct and can't find any ferries!

I can't believe there are no ferries but I would like to know that we can actually get off Corfu!

Could someone please put my mind at ease?

Thanks

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009

Russ Humphreys

Free Member
Aug 30, 2016
Trefonen
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbi
Thanks for the link but that seems to suggest there are no ferries off Corfu to the Greek mainland!!

I'm baffled. I've searched all the ferry companies and online booking site and zilch. I cannot believe this is the case.

Not that I've got anything against Italy but I really don't want to come back.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks for the link but that seems to suggest there are no ferries off Corfu to the Greek mainland!!

I'm baffled. I've searched all the ferry companies and online booking site and zilch. I cannot believe this is the case.

Not that I've got anything against Italy but I really don't want to come back.
I believe the ferries run a shuttle service and you probably can't book, just turn up. There is info on this website www.gtp.gr

Have a look in the ferry schedules for Kerkyra on Corfu to Igoumenista. They seem to run almost hourly.

This link might take you there directly. http://www.gtp.gr/RoutesResults.asp...KE10,5857,6&Destination=EGR6TS10IGOIGO,3062,8

Russ Humphreys

Free Member
Aug 30, 2016
Trefonen
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbi
Thanks for the reply, it's a bit of dumb question. A bit like are there any ferries across the English channel:)

We'll figure it out, or just stay on corfu:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back