Pickering anyone?? (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We were going to Pickering Show today but it is very very wet here (Durham).
Are any Funsters sitting on the showfield that could advise if it is worth the trip?
Is the field waterlogged or would you consider it useable?
We attended a York Show in bad weather and had to be towed off causing damage to the vehicle due to an over enthusiastic tractor driver.
Wiljoy:thumb:

Mrs Munchie

Funster
Jan 3, 2008
Champagnac-La-Riviere
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
I'm due there for the day tommorrow to have solar panels fitted by Mark C.L.S. Weather rport would be good, will we be able to get the m/home on? :Smile:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Why would you want to have anything fitted in the middle of a water logged muddy field in the wind and rain?

It does amaze me when people say they are going to a show to get "stuff fitted" to their motorhomes:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mrs Munchie

Funster
Jan 3, 2008
Champagnac-La-Riviere
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
Why would you want to have anything fitted in the middle of a water logged muddy field in the wind and rain?

It does amaze me when people say they are going to a show to get "stuff fitted" to their motorhomes:Eeek:

Not so amazing when you get a good price from another member and you live miles away but he is at a show in your area. I take it no one goes to a show and gets you to work on their motorhome? After your comment yours is one business that won't get any trade from me. :Blush:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Enjoy having holes drilled in your roof in torrential rain then!:ROFLMAO:

I can live with your other comments if that is your attitude, to some of us, your money is not our idol, good long term service and quality of installation matters more.

Business is of course a two way thing!

To answer your question, No, I would not allow any of our products that needed installation to be fitted at shows, it simply is impossible to match workshop, installation conditions with the fitter laying in the mud or working on a roof in the wind and rain, with a ladder placed against the side of your van.

Mud everywhere, wet clothes dripping , no where dry and clean to store anything that needs to be removed out from the area being worked on! Sealing holes, in the roof in the rain? Hhhhmn interesting!

Eddie

Mrs Munchie

Funster
Jan 3, 2008
Champagnac-La-Riviere
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
Enjoy having holes drilled in your roof in torrential rain then!:ROFLMAO:

I can live with your other comments if that is your attitude, to some of us, your money is not our idol, good long term service and quality of installation matters more.

Business is of course a two way thing!

To answer your question, No, I would not allow any of our products that needed installation to be fitted at shows, it simply is impossible to match workshop, installation conditions with the fitter laying in the mud or working on a roof in the wind and rain, with a ladder placed against the side of your van.

Mud everywhere, wet clothes dripping , no where dry and clean to store anything that needs to be removed out from the area being worked on! Sealing holes, in the roof in the rain? Hhhhmn interesting!

Eddie

Great attitude for running a business. Just some points for you to ponder,

1. it's not always wet n muddy at shows and I obviously don't have your weather forecasting ability!
2. Only one hole is going to be drilled which is just big enough to pass a wire through so easily sealed.
3. Inferrig customers are not too bright for trying to fit jobs into a busy schedule without having to travel over a hundred miles is going to work wonders for your business.
4. Perhaps you should have stuck to the dark side where your sarky comments seem to be the norm

Good luck in the future with your business I think with your attitude you need it.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
It will be raining at Pickering.

The rest we will wait and see

Thak you for the good luck sentiments.

You obviously lurk on the dark side at lot then, wishful thinking perhaps:ROFLMAO:

Eddie

ps chill out:winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Fight FIGHT.

Which is a pity because you are both right.

No-one can criticize Eddie for wanting to do a good job.

No-one can criticize a punter for wanting a job done at their convenience.

It's all down to the job and the weather.

You could fit a Gaslow conversion in six feet of snow. You wouldn't want to fit anything on the roof though.

Lighten up you guys, this isn't The Dark Side.

Not looking good:
Metcheck.com - Global Weather Forecasts - Weather Forecast for Pickering - [Updated on 17 July 2009 at 11:00] - Weather Feeds - Live Data - Long Range Weather Forecasts

Venita

Free Member
Jul 6, 2009
Co. Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Pickering anyone?

Hi folks, lets chill a bit here, we have had stuff fitted at shows because it is convenient for us. Our Omnistar awning was fitted at Pickering last year and its fab! It does depend on the deal and where you live - ours was well worth it! We also intend going to the show but are put off by the weather - the fields get waterlogged very quickly at Pickering. Would be grateful of weather and conditions feedback?

Sooty 10

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Nelson, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
c Class
Exp
Since 1999.
We are here at Pickering and it is raining as it has been for the past few hours. Looking brighter so we think it will fine up soon. The ground is still firm and plenty of vans still moving about. Also the wind is getting up so that should make things better.

Hope you have a good journey and a good weekend.

We are with the c&c club this time.

Sooty 10

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
My original post just asked for a possible weather report at Pickering.
I'm sorry it has caused a bit of friction and I am not bothered if motorhomers have bits fitted at the bottom of the Atlantic, let's stick to the original post guys and then knock hell out of each other when I have a reply.
Thanks for the answers received.
In reply to parts fitted at shows may I add that last week I ordered a sat system from TSC in Wakefield. When asking about fitting the reply was that they would come to me in Durham. Last Friday morning Paul arrived, did the job without fuss to perfection.
Thats service beyong the call of duty, as it used to be.
I cannot thank them enough and would VERY HIGHLY recommend them.
Wiljoy:thumb:

Longtemps

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Funster No
Just arrived back from a day out at the Pickering Show. The weather is terrible with driving wind and rain, deep puddles, deep mud in places, and what looks like deep gloom on the faces of the dealers. I know York had its moments with the mud and rain but at least you were visiting an inspirational city - Pickering town is nice but a York it is not!!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The weather is terrible with driving wind and rain, deep puddles, deep mud in places

Phew, lucky escape for us, I nearly booked mainly to see Freddie Starr who should be devastating in the confined atmosphere of a show venue. Luckily some work came up at the same time so I didn't.

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
At the show now, Sat 11am. been here since Thursday.
Rain stopped yesterday afternoon, it has not rained since but there are plenty of black clouds. wind quite strong so its blowing the rain clouds past.
Camping ground is dry and firm, a few muddy bits on the way to the stalls but nothing too bad.

ADMIN: EDITED OUT A PERSONAL INSULT Link Removed

Sooty 10

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Nelson, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
c Class
Exp
Since 1999.
Still here at Pickering having great time. Fine at the moment but someone must be a heavy sleeper as it chucked it down in the night.

Have fun Sooty

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back