French motorway tag (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Can you get them? Thought they were only for lorries.

Ian

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
You can't get one officially for over 3500kg but you can get one from the link on last post,I got one free when I booked the tunnel as they had an offer on and am told that lots of vans over 3500 use them without problems. Haven't used it yet but am going to in about two weeks on the way to Spain I did also register an interest but heard nothing back.

Wilderbeast

Free Member
Jan 20, 2012
Stockton on tees
Funster No
MH
"Hymer duomobil" B634 SL
Exp
Since 2011
No issues last year questioned once if memory serves me right just said camping car and off we went.
We are 4.5 t and 3.2 Mtrs
Same again this year see how it goes

Teddyj

Free Member
May 10, 2013
St Neots
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Got ours last week, ready for our trip in 2 weeks time, hope it works as well as claimed by all on here. R.H.lorry lane sounds good.

Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
hope it works as well as claimed by all on here. R.H.lorry lane sounds good.

Me too, last thing you want is to be stuck in the lorry lane and the Tag doesn't work :oops:

Let me know if you have any problems, I'm not going until March :D

Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
We have used a ATMB Broken Link Removed for the last 2 years no annual fee unlike the Sanef one.
When we got it the tag was free issue, they often run this promotion around May/June.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Use the lorry ones as a rule,but if they are queueing,i do use the others signed,they can be a bit heart stopping,as you have to stop..being used to driving through you wonder if the Tag has worked LOL.
Tea Bag

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Agree, I used ours ( under 3.5 ton) last year - what a great idea, no queuing bit scary as the barrier does not lift for us till about 2 ft away!

Bonio123

Free Member
May 31, 2012
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year and still enjoying it
used one for the last three years .over 3500kg but under 3 metres. no problems so far

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Like most posters a very happy SANEF tag user and we are very close to the height. Saves so much flapping in the cab approaching the barrier when there's two and makes the impossible possible when I'm alone. (Mrs B doesn't do battlefields)

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you everyone for your very helpful replies. It is much appreciated.
One other question; I am a blue badge holder and just wondered if any of you are aware of any concessions re the Tag for disabled & less mobile users?
Sue

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
One other question; I am a blue badge holder and just wondered if any of you are aware of any concessions re the Tag for disabled & less mobile users?
Sue

Yes, but probably not if you're using your motorhome.

6.5. Are there any discounts for disabled people?
Yes. Blue badge holders who have a Class 2 vehicle (not valid for car + caravan) are entitled to be charged at Class 1 rate if the vehicle is adapted for disabled persons. However, in order to be charged at Class 1 rate in the automated lane, you will need to stop and press the intercom button to request the correct toll to be applied. Alternatively you can use the manual lane and hand over your tag to be scanned. Please note the reduction is applied at the discretion of the particular auto route operator of the toll road you are using. More information can be found at http://www.autoroutes.fr/en/services-for-disabled-people.htm

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Me too, last thing you want is to be stuck in the lorry lane and the Tag doesn't work :oops:

Let me know if you have any problems, I'm not going until March :D

Brian

We had one and used it on our last van. It regularly didn't work and you had to press the little button to get the bloke to come over to you.

I had a French lorry behind me once when it happened and he was shouting loads of abuse at me, but I couldn't understand a word of it.

I hope he understood my hand signal as I pulled off:D

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
do these tags save you money ? never heard of them before to day , i assume that they are similar to the dart tag?

No, you pay the same rate. They just allow you to drive straight up to and through the barrier rather than stopping and faffing around with tickets, credit cards or cash.

Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
We had one and used it on our last van. It regularly didn't work and you had to press the little button to get the bloke to come over to you.

Yes, as a soloist, that’s the worry (and the reason for getting the Tag).

I read a comment in one post that you can drive through at 30kph in the RH lane - does that mean there are no barriers on this lane?

I have used the tolls previously, but in a car with passengers and didn't take a lot of notice.

Brian

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Yes, as a soloist, that’s the worry (and the reason for getting the Tag).

I read a comment in one post that you can drive through at 30kph in the RH lane - does that mean there are no barriers on this lane?

I have used the tolls previously, but in a car with passengers and didn't take a lot of notice.

Brian

No, it means the barrier lifts at the last second IF it has recognised your tag.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Sue

Sue, I asked this question of Sanef and was told that there was no facility for Blue Badge holders to get any discount. Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back