Bailey Autograph Control Panel (1 Viewer)

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
Just been to Motorhome in storage (not on hook up) today to check battery levels on the BCA digital control panel. Can select Leisure battery voltage OK but when I try to select Vehicle battery it keeps jumping back to leisure battery voltage in the display so I am unable to check what the vehicle battery voltage is, the user manual says you can check both leisure and vehicle battery volts. Have followed the user manual instructions but to no avail (have heard that BCA panels can be hit and miss). Also noticed whilst fiddling with panel that there was no internal temperature screen only external temperature which according to the user manual should be one of the screens displayed. Any ideas, am I doing something wrong or do you reckon the control panel is faulty (Motorhome is a 2015 model). :(

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
It sounds to me as if the vehicle battery is flat - test it with a multimeter. If the battery is ok then the control panel might need a reset .

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
It sounds to me as if the vehicle battery is flat - test it with a multimeter. If the battery is ok then the control panel might need a reset .
oops sorry for the double post - Fun seemed to hang up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
Have you got a solar panel fitted and wired up to both cab and hab battery, Bailey and Peugeot do not wire the cab battery to charge from electric hook up so that might be why you can't get a reading.

If you do have them both hooked up then maybe your battery is flat but you would soon know by turning the engine on.

This is our 2nd Bailey van and we only found out about cab battery the hard way when it went flat, hence the solar to both batteries.

One other thing I found out was when we went down last week to boost batteries with genny it would not let us read cab battery whilst charging.

Hope this helps we have 740.

Liz

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
We have solar connected to charge both hab and vehicle batteries, when we try and charge the vehicle battery from EHU there's clearly some conflict which causes an annoying click every few seconds

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Yep @Big Nick we have same we've nicknamed it grandmas clock, we disconnect charge switch on control panel in daytime and connect it at night when solar switches off.

We met another Bailey owner and he said Bailey sent something to dealers that goes in fuse box to stop this we will get it done at next service.

Liz

OP
OP
Tweedie

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
Assume cab battery is OK as the van started up fine. We do have 2 x 110 leisure batteries a 150 watt solar panel, MPPT and battery master all fitted by Vanbitz (for when we do get the odd ray of sunshine!!!!) so assume all that will be working OK. Suspect it is a faulty BCA panel as we cannot get the internal temp screen to come up either. K9 Brian do you know how to do a reset of the panel as will try before we contact the dealer about it.

Liz ours is also the 740, we are not on hook up as it is in storage at the moment so haven't tried charging cab battery when on mains yet but according to the Bailey Owners manual you can charge the cab battery when 230v mains is connected you scroll through the BCA screens till you get to the Charge VBatt then press ENTER then < or > to set "on" or "off", don't know if you have tried this.

Am not at all techie when it comes to electrics, charging and stuff but will buy a multimeter, and find out how to check the cab battery & leisure battery volts as was concerned when we went to check things as the Leisure battery was only showing 11.9v and was unable to see what cab battery was. The van has stood for 5 weeks so assume Leisure battery was low due to the lack of sunshine we have had over the last few weeks. Did start the van up and it fired up really easy first time so assume the vanbitz battery master had transferred enough power to cab battery to keep it in good shape.
Elaine​

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Yep our 1st van instruction manual said the same thing about the cab battery being connected but if you look at all entries on Bailey vans you will read that it's not. That's why we insisted the solar be connected to both.

On fuse box there may be a fuse for control panel to take out and reset ours is in storage or I would go out and check our hab batteries are showing 11.9 too so we go down and charge up at this time of year.

Hope you get sorted soon, we love our van but chose 740 as dog likes to stretch out on bench seats but won't stay on just one side!

Liz

chrisinplymouth

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Tweedie

It seems strange....van bitz fitted exactly the same set up to our 765 in November..since then even though the weather has been awful it's kept both batts fine. I made up a test plug using a digital meter a spare 12v plug and pair of test leads. So now if I want to check the 12v I just plug into an available socket. ( saves lifting the floor to get at the batts)

Chris

OP
OP
Tweedie

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
Thanks Chris got a multimeter and checked the cab battery which is fine, it's just the leisure battery seemed low, never checked the volts when it was put in store 5 weeks ago after having collected from the dealer who were doing some warranty bits on it, am not sure if the leisure battery was low then. Anyway have now got in on hook up for 24 hours to give the leisure batteries a good boost. Will check it once we move it back to storage tomorrow. When I checked the leisure battery with the multimeter it did give exactly the same reading as the BCA panel so thats good that the panel shows an accurate reading. Just strange I can't get the BCA panel to display vehicle volts and also no internal temperature. Will get our dealer to check the panel out .

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Bailey and Peugeot do not wire the cab battery to charge from electric hook up
Hi Liz, I have been looking around and have recently seen the 740. The space inside appears to be very generous. Following a search of the forum I have found this thread. Re your above entry (or part of it) are you saying the cab battery will not charge on EHU or does this relate to the solar panel situation ? :worried::worried:

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
No the cab battery is not connected to the ehu, that is why we had the solar panel fitted to charge the cab battery, although it's connected to all three.

We found out the hard way about the battery three years ago when cab battery went dead even though the ehu was plugged in.

We are debating wether to have another solar fitted just for the cab battery as its struggling to charge all three at this time of year. Will look into this soon.

We are happy with the 740 as its layout suits us as opposed to the 745, we thought it was more spacious.

Liz

OP
OP
Tweedie

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
Our 740 seems to charge cab battery OK when on EHU but you have to select it from BCA Panel. We do have solar with MPPT and a battery master so don't know if this makes any difference. We had an issue (posted above) with our leisure batteries now sorted OK (due to fridge being left on 12v for several weeks :oops: the fridge circuit relays caused a battery drain).

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Thank you both Liz and Tweedie.
Another question if I may.... following more research some have mentioned problems 'bottoming' the MH due to it's low carriage. Is this a problem you have experienced ?

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Nope I've had two vans from Bailey and not had a problem with catching the bottom on either.

When we were at a site in Whitby the exit road was down a steep hill then a left turn onto the flat, owner thought we might catch but no problem.

Liz

Reactions: LAM

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Thank you Liz

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I too have had two Baileys and both had unscathed bottoms when we parted company.

OP
OP
Tweedie

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
No Problems todate, but being still a bit newbie we are always very careful so when things look awkward just take it slooow till we feel confident that all is well. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back