St Annes Parking for Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I am Back!

Thinking of taking our Grandchildren to Blackpool for a couple of days. Looked at Hampton Rd, been before but a bit noisy.

Has anyone tried St. Annes car park recently? I tried to find it on a google map but failed?

Any information welcome along with good or bad opinions/comments.

TM

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Not been personally but if you look up Fylde Borough Council and search for Motorhome parking you will get all the details. It is in a good spot and close to all the Amenities that St Anne's has to offer.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've never tried it but the coordinates you want for Google Maps are 53.746319 -3.031976.

When we visit that area we usually time it to be able to stay at a C&CC or MCC rally/THS at South Shore Cricket Club.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
If you do get to Lytham, although maybe no good for your grandkids, but if you like Indian food, try the Red Fort Tandoori on Park Street, well worth a visit if you're in the area.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We have been recently. Its a nice place to park. Cheap cinema, mini bowling etc. Straight off the beach.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Not recent but we have stayed there with grandkids for the illuminations.
Nothing changed as far as i know, can still park there. Cinema, swimming pool and pub right there.
Never walked around Lytham.
I understand you can get a family day bus ticket to go into and out of Blackpool.

Since we started going to Southport I much prefer that, kids love it as well. :)
So if have have not been give it a go...

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Good stop as we stopped there in September. Close to town centre and shops. Next to the beach. Enjoyed it.
Also heard that there is one similar to open in Blackpool this year ( or was it the beer....) :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know if it's open at the mo, but can throughly recomend marton mere haven site, I know it's haven, but the caravan part is as good as anywhere, and a bus from the gate into the middle of Blackpool .

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I understand you can get a family day bus ticket to go into and out of Blackpool.
The tickets are good value and include the trams as well as buses - see Broken Link Removed
Good stop as we stopped there in September. Close to town centre and shops. Next to the beach. Enjoyed it.
Also heard that there is one similar to open in Blackpool this year ( or was it the beer....) :)
There was mention of a possible similar facility in Blackpool in a thread last year. Nothing confirmed yet but the latest comment I have from my Blackpool Council contact is "Let’s hope we have some news for you and fellow motorhome users in the new year.".

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
There was mention of a possible similar facility in Blackpool in a thread last year. Nothing confirmed yet but the latest comment I have from my Blackpool Council contact is "Let’s hope we have some news for you and fellow motorhome users in the new year.".
We have friends who live at the north end of Blackpool and they seem to be in the middle of building a MoHo parking area.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We have friends who live at the north end of Blackpool and they seem to be in the middle of building a MoHo parking area.
That was the gist of the item last year but my understanding is that, as yet, it hasn't been confirmed officially. Hopefully it will be soon (another success for the lobby within Blackpool Council to extend facilities for motorhomers).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back