Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Feet itching ready to go. Renewing MOT 7 weeks early so we can get off but tax is due 1st Feb on both car & moho. Can you just renew online while away? Not sure if I have been told the website won't allow the transaction from a foreign ISP??
Thanks for all types of reply:)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I think it's just a normal web site so you should be able to renew from anywhere on the globe .
Can't think they would do anything to prevent taking money from us !
Failing that can a family member sort it for you ?

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Was going to ask my son to do it for us but if we can do it ourselves it saves asking the favour.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The only problem I can see is that you will need the number off the renewal notice..

I seem to remember it is possible to renew early if you are going to be out of the UK ?

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Thanks very much @Jaws I missed that bit when I went on the website. Right, off to book ferry now.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
When we bought our van the dealer taxed it while I was sat at his desk. He taxed it for six months which was daft as I asked him to do it for 12. Im that tight when it comes to tax I choose tp pay the cheapest option of 12 months.

Anyway... It automatically takes the money every 6 months .

How on earth do I change this ?

Please keep it simple cos Im a reet duffer on the PC thinngymajigs ..........

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You can renew from overseas, I did it from Spain last year. If you don't have the renewal form you can use the number on the V5C.

But if you are like me you will also need to renew the insurance around the same time. Easy enough to do if staying with the same company but a bit more involved if you want to shop around and change insurer. It can certainly be done but you need a good phone and broadband connection.

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I pay for mine by monthly direct debit to save that faff if out of the country. There is a small extra cost but imo worth it for a MH.

I think that when setting up a Direct Debit to pay Road Tax there is only a small extra cost if the payment is made in instalments

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I pay for mine by monthly direct debit to save that faff if out of the country. There is a small extra cost but imo worth it for a MH.

Are you saying that by paying monthly it just rolls on year after year and there is no need to 'renew' the tax every 6 or 12 months?

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
You can renew from overseas, I did it from Spain last year. If you don't have the renewal form you can use the number on the V5C.

But if you are like me you will also need to renew the insurance around the same time. Easy enough to do if staying with the same company but a bit more involved if you want to shop around and change insurer. It can certainly be done but you need a good phone and broadband connection.
I couldn't do insurance from France in 2014 computer said no & wouldn't let me.:madder: insurance paid last month. Ferry sorted need to book through c@cc tomorrow and just booked march on benicassim. Will fill the days between 18 Jan and 29 Feb with guardamar and Denia (friends villa) phew

Reactions: DBK

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I only use the monthly DD because it simplifies budgeting, as we have four vehicles to tax, including the Disco at £500+, which can come as a bit of a shock if you forget when it's due.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back