Tambour Shower Door Fitting (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
A very bizarre thing has happened with the sliding shower door (Tambour?) on our Auto Sleeper Kingham. We came back home after Christmas away without the van and so I checked on the van today to see if there were any problems. I opened the side door and was shocked to see the whole of the shower door on the floor towards the front of the van well away from the rear shower room. I have looked and stared for ages at the van and still unable to figure out how the sliding shower door not only unattached itself from its runners but then managed to travel those extra feet along the floor.
It is securley parked in a safe place pointing slightly down hill, the van hasnt been entered so I just dont understand how this could have happened. The other point that I am asking is how do you refit a sliding door back onto its runners ...any advice welcome.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
You need to contact Mr Tambour in man, he was around in the 60 but not sure where he is now.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A very bizarre thing has happened with the sliding shower door (Tambour?) on our Auto Sleeper Kingham. We came back home after Christmas away without the van and so I checked on the van today to see if there were any problems. I opened the side door and was shocked to see the whole of the shower door on the floor towards the front of the van well away from the rear shower room. I have looked and stared for ages at the van and still unable to figure out how the sliding shower door not only unattached itself from its runners but then managed to travel those extra feet along the floor.
It is securley parked in a safe place pointing slightly down hill, the van hasnt been entered so I just dont understand how this could have happened. The other point that I am asking is how do you refit a sliding door back onto its runners ...any advice welcome.
Are you sure it hasn't been entered in some way ... it sounds as if someone was trying to 'acquire' the screen to me as there's no way it could firstly just suddenly 'jump' out of its runners and then 'crawl' to the front of the van to escape!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Dont know about it being strange, its a little creepy... how the hell could this happen ?
Sorry i cant help with any fourth coming info but you have to admit that it sounds really weird !

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
It really sounds like someone has been in the van. If no signs of break in they may have used a key which is more worrying but less damage. I'd be contacting the police I think or if it's kept in storage do they have cctv?

OP
OP
sylvester1954
May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
It really sounds like someone has been in the van. If no signs of break in they may have used a key which is more worrying but less damage. I'd be contacting the police I think or if it's kept in storage do they have cctv?

I have Van-Bitz Strikeback fitted and this was still active .....and nothing else was disturbed ie all cupboards still shut and glove box etc closed. Front doors are linked together and cant be opened either....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I have Van-Bitz Strikeback fitted and this was still active .....and nothing else was disturbed ie all cupboards still shut and glove box etc closed. Front doors are linked together and cant be opened either....
Is strike back an alarm system? If so surely it would be activated when the shower door leapt off its runners and relocated itself!

Only other thought is when you were driving back from your last trip if you didn't check the van on your return?

Failing that ..... It's the ghost of Christmas past haha

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back