Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi, just a little warning for anybody going to Ayr Holiday Park in St Ives, Have just returned from 10 days there. If you have a grass pitch like we did you will be very lucky to get on or off without the help of the ground staff. Absolute nightmare, All grass pitches like a bog, mud every where. !!! Spent yesterday cleaning out van, pressure washing mats, ramps etc. Lovely site if you can get hardstanding pitch, wasn't told we had tent pitch so not happy. Was booked beginning of July but apparently you have to book in January to get hardstanding for xmas period. Still lesson learnt. Roll on summer.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I dont think you can blame the site owners for the weather ?

Im new to motor homes but would expect grass to be a nightmare when wet. I wouldn't book a grass pitch when its this wet !

BFM14

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Charlie he said that he had booked in July. Obviously he didn't know what the was going to be like.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Last winter I booked us onto a site and forgot to check that we had hardstanding. We couldn't get onto our pitch so had to leave. The owner refunded all except the first night and said he'd discount the cost of the night we paid for if we re-booked another time - which I thought was very generous considering it was my fault!

OP
OP
Frankie

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Yes I know.... But what would we expect this time of the year ? Ok it's been very wet but then it has been extremely wet for the last few years....

Hi Charlie, I presumed we had a hardstanding pitch, my fault for not checking, would not have gone if I knew we was on grass. :)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Yes I know.... But what would we expect this time of the year ? Ok it's been very wet but then it has been extremely wet for the last few years....

I would expect the site owners know their site was likely to get muddy in the event of rain and tell me that might be the case if I was given a grass pitch, even if I forgot to ask.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I think the prices they charge for that site they would put red carpet down.

OP
OP
Frankie

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
I would expect the site owners know their site was likely to get muddy in the event of rain and tell me that might be the case if I was given a grass pitch, even if I forgot to ask.

my thoughts exactly (y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My biggest gripe with that site is the showers.

Posh building etc but tiny cubicles and nowhere to hang anything.

Sorry for ranting off topic.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

Posh building etc but tiny cubicles and nowhere to hang anything.

Sorry for ranting off topic.

Sorry off topic OP, but a little tip carry a S Hook / or two in your toilet bag, then when you come across showers with not enough hooks pop S hook over door and you have a hanger.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I think my biggest gripe would be the prices! £19 winter, £31 Xmas, up to £39 summer, without any extras :eek: I suppose I could leave Him Indoors at home.... :cautious: You can just about see our village on that beautiful photo on their 'Home' page :)
pop S hook over door and you have a hanger
I think I got this tip from you @Carol, carried some hooks ever since and used them loads of times - thank you (y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sorry off topic OP, but a little tip carry a S Hook / or two in your toilet bag, then when you come across showers with not enough hooks pop S hook over door and you have a hanger.

What about somewhere to put my shampoo and beauty products?:D

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
What about somewhere to put my shampoo and beauty products?:D

:doh:Clean slipped my mind who we were dealing with, Right your beauty products; perhaps you could carry seven 'S' hooks Chris, that would cope with Foundation and all the other slap you wear. My goodness you really are a Tart.

.......:wink: ............ but of course I like a nice Tart :lips:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
@CWH but you have the location and the views so that has to be worth a price hike?
Oh I agree, but don't you think that's a bit excessive? Having said that: if it provides what you want, it has to be worth it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back