* FULL * New Year Meet 2009/2010 (1 Viewer)

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
:rollonfloor::clap:THIS MEET IS NOW FULL!:clap::rollonfloor:

Hi Funsters!:roflmto:

For the last couple of years Suzy and I have organised a New Years meet and they have been some of the best New Years we have had! ::bigsmile:

So we thought we'd put up a New Year meet again to ensure that we have a great time again this year!

Normally the site chosen for the New Year meet has electric hookup but following the major issues with the electric last year a poll was put up to assess how important hookup was. The majority seemed happy to manage without hookup and therefore we are having a change of venue this year and we will be at:

The Cotton Arms
Cholmondeley Road
Wrenbury
Cheshire
CW5 8HG

Tel: 01270 780377

Click Here for Campsite Details

This was the venue for Haganap's 'Bring & Buy' meet and whilst all pitches are grass, we are assured that historically the ground is always firm even in winter but of course this cannot be guaranteed.

The cost is just £5 per night! :thumb:

Given the lack of electric hookup it is best that you assume that individual generators WILL be used (perhaps all day) and if you have any concerns about this perhaps this isn't the meet for you.

Now as it's a New Year meet there will of course be an opportunity to bring the New Year in together. The Cotton Arms have a pavilion that they use for the New Year celebrations and on New Years Eve they will be hosting an 'all you can eat' buffet including all the usual buffet fayre plus a hot offering of curry or chilli or something similar.

In addition there will be some free entertainment in the pavilion provided by a musical duo from Liverpool.

The cost for the buffet is just £12 per head.

We plan to arrive Monday 28th December and depart Sunday 3rd January.

If you wish to join us please do not contact the site directly, just reply to this thread saying that you wish to attend and I will add you to the list of attendees.

Hope to see you there!
Suzy & Bryan

Current Attendees
Suzy & Bryan
Hilldweller
Forestboy
RuthRV & Tony Santara
JaG
Pammy & Geo
Haganap
Blisters
Road runner
Mike-H
Long Range
Dingray (Ray)
Sundowners (Nigel & Pamala)
Family Guy (Eddie)
Ehuplad (Mike & Sally)
Upmarkethippy (Cheyne)
Patrick & Jan
tick59
thefman
Hycon
Kevin08 (Pat & Kevin)
Kevin08 (John & Jill)
Weekenders (Bob & Val)
Staging Lady (Lucille & Dave)

RESERVE LIST
Frankia One
Theonlysue
walburga
kon tiki

Link RemovedLink Removed

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
whilst all pitches are grass, we are assured that it is always firm even in winter.

cant be any firmer than the dirty duck......it was frozen bloody solid:Doh:

who'll be the first to run out of gas?::bigsmile:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
rang them today, but no joy:cry::cry: man said that we had to go through you bryan:ROFLMAO: did say that he would ring you:Smile: has he? so if we book through you then I am booked:ROFLMAO: 28th - 3rd Jan me and his lordship, if I do have to book with the pub let me know and I will try again
ruthie

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Yer on !!

Great place.

Added to list :thumb:

rang them today, but no joy:cry::cry: man said that we had to go through you bryan:ROFLMAO: did say that he would ring you:Smile: has he? so if we book through you then I am booked:ROFLMAO: 28th - 3rd Jan me and his lordship, if I do have to book with the pub let me know and I will try again
ruthie

I have added you Ruth and changed the original post to indicate that booking is done by notifying me on this thread :thumb:

Bryan

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
New Year Meet

Jean and myself will be there, along with our grandaughter Millie. As we only have 2 berths I am presuming it will be me who will need to practice survival techniques in a tent. :cry:We will come from 30th December to 2nd January.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
It's much easier to book through you Bryan:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Put us down from 28th to the 2nd, could be 3rd - we'll play it by ear.

Pammy & Geo

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
We will be there for New Yr eve + a few other days either side but will have to confirm. Is it £12 for Kids?

Scousers from Liverpool? Is patrick and his brother singing?:ROFLMAO:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi Can you add Champers > John n Kath to the list please, or do we have to book direct ? Also 2 for the buffet if so please

Sounds a great venue

M

Mike-H

Deleted User
Sounds like a great way to see the new year in. Put me down please :)

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Attendee list updated
Link Removed

long range

Free Member
Feb 25, 2009
Funster No
New Year Meet

:thumb:Two more to add to your list, we have been wondering what to do this year as we usually do go away but have'nt managed it for the last two so it will be really nice to start up again and meet new people as well. Gail + Denis.

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi Bryan,
We would love to be there but we haven't a Mhome at the moment. :cry: ( for the smiley police) Hope to be sorted at the end of August. Is it all right if we confirm then?:Smile:
Lucille and Dave

Dingray

Free Member
Dec 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
CB
Exp
Since 2000
New Year Meet

Hi Bryan,
Add myself and partner to the list please, should arrive on 28th and depart Sun/Mon. Will be at Chester Fair Oaks over the Christmas period .
Ray

magicman

Free Member
Dec 22, 2008
Funster No
Hello Bryan, we have never been to any meet/show and only recently started m/homing.

We would like to change the first part, and attend this meet.

Please put Mr and Mrs Magicman down (do you want any deposit?) but, as we are scaredy-cats, can we have one of the hook-ups that they have, please.

So, that's the full time + 2 for the buffet.

I have to say, or my wife will injure me, that we are really looking forward to this - I might even bring a few tricks and balloons along (if swmbo lets me!).

Regards to all,

Dave and Sally

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
hi Bryan can you put me and di on your list arrive 28th till 2nd jan do we book with you re new years eve do or direct with site thanks eddie :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Sadly looks as though i wont be able to make this meet either:cry::cry:

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
wanting to!!!

Hi Bryan, would like to put my name down as this one does sound like fun. I will not know for sure untill the end of sept though. so just a provisional for now please.
Cheers, Cheyne

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Bryan, would like to put my name down as this one does sound like fun. I will not know for sure untill the end of sept though. so just a provisional for now please.
Cheers, Cheyne

Come on you suvvern git - taste the *real* life in Cheshire.

Last one in the canal is a sissy.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I have managed to sort out my dates so please put me back on the list Bryan.

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
New Year Meeting

Hi Bryan

What sort of numbers are you limited to this year and when do you need to know

Soundman

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Bryan

Soundman

Google earth, cut and paste:

53.027519 -2.610176

and you will see the field. Big enough for a hundred or so.

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hi Bryan,
We would love to be there but we haven't a Mhome at the moment. :cry: ( for the smiley police) Hope to be sorted at the end of August. Is it all right if we confirm then?:Smile:
Lucille and Dave

Course you can, good luck with the new van :thumb:

Hi Bryan,
Add myself and partner to the list please, should arrive on 28th and depart Sun/Mon. Will be at Chester Fair Oaks over the Christmas period .
Ray

Added :thumb:

Hello Bryan, we have never been to any meet/show and only recently started m/homing.

We would like to change the first part, and attend this meet.

Please put Mr and Mrs Magicman down (do you want any deposit?) but, as we are scaredy-cats, can we have one of the hook-ups that they have, please.

So, that's the full time + 2 for the buffet.

I have to say, or my wife will injure me, that we are really looking forward to this - I might even bring a few tricks and balloons along (if swmbo lets me!).

Regards to all,

Dave and Sally

Hi, glad you wish to come but I need to point out that whilst the site do have a few hookups, we are camping together in a rally field at the site and there are no hookups available in the rally field. Most people will be using generators at some point - do you have one? If not, you may be able to tap into a neighbours genny, we are a friendly, caring sharing bunch you know :ROFLMAO:. If you MUST have a hookup you could try booking with the campsite direct and popping over to see us all. Not sure of cost as it is not part of the MHFun booking but the site will be able to help you there.

Let me know if you DO want to camp with us and I'll add you to the list ::bigsmile:

hi Bryan can you put me and di on your list arrive 28th till 2nd jan do we book with you re new years eve do or direct with site thanks eddie :thumb:

Added (leave the do to me :winky:) :thumb:

Hi Bryan,

Please add us to the list, Sally & Mike

Added ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Cheers, Cheyne

Added (provisionally, for now) :winky:::bigsmile:

I have managed to sort out my dates so please put me back on the list Bryan.

Never took you off, John :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hi Bryan

Soundman

Probably 40 I reckon. No mega rush, just let me know as soon as you can :thumb:

Come on the rest of you, you know you want too ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Attendee list updated
Link Removed

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Are we coming? Nikki has just asked.:winky: