Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
need to swap tv's in mh to freeview,need a good joiner or idea how to do this.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If your tv is located above the windscreen then I removed CRT anologue tv, cut a suitably sized piece of ply to fit just in the recess and stained/varnished to match cabinets.
I carefully measured and drilled holes to match the tv mounting holes and a hole to feed the various wires through.
I then fitted the ply to the tv then fitted the whole lot in the recess left by the crt tv.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7r6udyti9hzza01/IMG_0054.JPG?dl=0

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ianandkath

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
If your tv is located above the windscreen then I removed CRT anologue tv, cut a suitably sized piece of ply to fit just in the recess and stained/varnished to match cabinets.
I carefully measured and drilled holes to match the tv mounting holes and a hole to feed the various wires through.
I then fitted the ply to the tv then fitted the whole lot in the recess left by the crt tv.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7r6udyti9hzza01/IMG_0054.JPG?dl=0
in not good with wood, metals are ok

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ianandkath

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
My grandson is a joiner based in Leyland not sure how busy he is at the moment as he is starting a refurb at our village pub but I could contact him and see if you like
thanks @davanne if you could do that i would be happy,even buy you a pint or two:):)

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
thanks @davanne if you could do that i would be happy,even buy you a pint or two:):)
I have sent him a text ....he may not get back to me straightaway as he has been busy helping with the clean up in Croston after the flooding but as soon as he does I will let you know and if it's something he could do I'll give you his number:)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back