Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
hi top van conv
Exp
6 years
Is anyone else going to Pickering.. Have booked on with Warners under Motorhome Fun but will they have a stand on the Rally Field??
:Sad:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
If I can find the spot I will be there. Last year couldn't find them so parked up behind fire brigade and the entertainment hall. Still enjoyed the weekend.:ROFLMAO:
Hope to see you there.

Don

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I think there are only a few Funsters attending Pickering. York used to very popular but no one seems to be interested now they have changed the venue to Pickering. I've not been to Pickering, why is it so unpopular?

This year Newark, Peterborough, Newbury, and Stratford have been very busy with more Funsters attending than most, if not all, other clubs. Maybe its just that time of year, and people have already done enough shows and are touring rather than sat in a field and buying yet more melemine crockery::bigsmile:

If you are one of the handfull going to Pickering, have fun:thumb: And please report back and tell us what it was like, it might encourage more to go next year:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Pickering itself is a very nice town with a fair bit to do and see, including one end of the North Yorks Moors Railway. We go there reasonably frequently, living not too far away, though never been to the showground.

There can be a problem at weekends and other busy times, though, in that the roads can become very crowded with long tailbacks - true of both Pickering and Malton (the showground is on the road between them) - and I think that might put people off.

We decided not to go to camp there as we have too much on this month already - though a day visit is still a (remote) possibility.

Graham

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I think there are only a few Funsters attending Pickering. York used to very popular but no one seems to be interested now they have changed the venue to Pickering. I've not been to Pickering, why is it so unpopular?

This year Newark, Peterborough, Newbury, and Stratford have been very busy with more Funsters attending than most, if not all, other clubs. Maybe its just that time of year, and people have already done enough shows and are touring rather than sat in a field and buying yet more melemine crockery:BigGrin:

If you are one of the handfull going to Pickering, have fun:thumb: And please report back and tell us what it was like, it might encourage more to go next year:Smile:

I think this is probably the most likely explanation, I know it is with ourselves. We are just too busy being away to fit Pickering in. Although I have been accross the m62 today and loads of dealers taking their vans off to prespective buyers, one over took me on trade plates at 85+mph:Doh:

As for Pickering? it is one of y favourit parts of Yorkshire, very nice and worth a visit.:thumb:

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi we are going to Pickering as it is almost on our doorstep.We went for the day last year and enjoyed it so we are making a weekend of it this year arriving Friday AM.Hope the weather stays dry or if not maybe we get to use our snow chains for the first time-will let you know next week-Sue and Steve

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I pick my motorhome up in the morning and I plan to go as I have a few extra's I need fitting at show

Pickeing up silver Dethleff tag axle in the morning.

Im mobile at the moment so I maybe not back on line for a while

Paul

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi we will be at Pickering Fri to Mon, good show last year hope to have a good buying trip as there are plenty of stalls to look at. Peter & Lynn:thumb:

Dingray

Free Member
Dec 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
CB
Exp
Since 2000
Hi there Bandit One,
Heading there thursday,should arrive late afternoon/early evening, booked in to 'Fun' group so they must have a patch for us. After the show I am heading to' Silver Birches' at Barton-on-Humber for a few days then on to Pam's meet at Grange Park Scunthorpe the following w/e. Should make the long run down worthwhile.
See you there,
Ray

owlgirl

Free Member
Jul 7, 2008
Funster No
We are going with friends, really enjoyed it last year and hope to again this year

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi everyone, Sam here.. we're going to the pickering show (heading out just before the weekend, as it's about 100 miles away from us.. :whatthe: lol

I've never been that far up past york before, so it'll be an eye opener for me. :)

I am looking forwards to it, as Gazz said he'd take me on the north yorks moors railway for a whole day, so to get about 3 goes on a nice steam train :D
(and i hope he'll take me to the Eden Camp too.. as i love ww2 stuff :)

we'll have our smartie this time (smart car) so can get around better when it rains.. insted of riding around on my scooter getting soaked..lol

after the show we're staying out until my 27th! birthday which is on the 31st of july, cor.. 27 soon :Wacko:

hopefully we'll all have fun at this show.. and i'm going to try and bump into Freddie Star, as i loved watching him as a kid! :ROFLMAO:
so it'd be cool if i could meet him ::bigsmile:

kevandmarg

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Colne, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi, we're going for the day on Saturday, it's not too far for us to travel. Anyone travelling around that area on Thursday may meet plenty of traffic because thats the day The Great Yorkshire Show ends in Harrogate.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
probably need this if it is raining

Venita

Free Member
Jul 6, 2009
Co. Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Just returned from Pickering show after a great weekend. We will be back next year without question::bigsmile:

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
we have just returned from Pickering all I can say is 'YORK RIP'

happycamper

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
bolton le sands lancs
Funster No
MH
Hi top camper
Exp
14 years
back from pickering

just got back from pickering.

:thumb:a few mixed days with sun and rain. really enjoyed it and had mh tuned by wow tuning.

will be going again next year

Big Brian 56

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Morley
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not long enough
Well been to both, York Rip ? Pickering was miniscule compared to York , seemed really amatuerish IMO , just look at the size of the entertainment marquee at York, I know the ground in some places left a bit to be desired, but think they are on with that.
Will have a look when we go racing at York next week, tis only a spit from Rowntree !!:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
just got back from pickering.

:thumb:a few mixed days with sun and rain. really enjoyed it and had mh tuned by wow tuning.

You trusted your pride and joy to a firm called WOW ?

I picture spiky gelled hair do, gold chains and a patter taught him by Dellboy.

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi Spent the weekend at pickering,this was our first stay at a show and won,t be the last.THe toilet and shower facilities were spotless emtied at least twice a day,all the ground staff were friendly we will certainly go again next year,thinking of going to Lincoln as we have family in the area-Sue and Steve::bigsmile:

S

s700hymmerc

Deleted User
pickering steam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

We had a fab time at Pickering loved every minute.
pickering steam for us !!
:Cool:
we go every year , have done now last 4 years , great we like it their are quite a few of us motorhomers travel up, for the week , get to see a lot autojumble is great , good bit of traders their selling camping stuff mostly for the caravan , doing more each year on motorhome,s . but the steam machine,s are just amazing , a lot of life their too . if you have not been , then try it ! it is what the motorhome was biult for every timewe have been the weather has been scorching , was last year too , the morning we were leaving just before we were getting up about 7 ould hear the drops on the roof , thought time to leave , :Doh:
we really enjoy it here the missus moans a bit because their are no hoards of shops along the high street , lol!!!.
we will be their again this year too , can,t wait to go , starts 6th august.
where ever your going have a ball , go i dare you LIVE!!!
denton.:thumb:

owlgirl

Free Member
Jul 7, 2008
Funster No
Yes some of our friends go there, wish we could but its on the same time as we are away:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back