I'm thinking of getting a Dremel (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
I have a Aldi version that I use a fair bit but it's got no guts. So have been thinking of getting a proper Dremel. Any of you Dremel users out there recommend the one to get as there are a few versions ...was thinking or Dremel 3000 ...Amazon product ASIN B0078LENZC
Cheers

Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
hubby got origenal 240v dremel which he has had over 10 years and still going strong and has recharchable 8200 dremel loads of guts. he says he couldnt be without it .he says very good investment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
My Dremel's a Model 395 Type 5, 240 volt. Had it for years and and find it invaluable. Used it with carbide burrs to remove a broken locking wheel nut and even adjusted my dad's new set of false teeth with it :LOL:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
My Dremel's a Model 395 Type 5, 240 volt. Had it for years and and find it invaluable. Used it with carbide burrs to remove a broken locking wheel nut and even adjusted my dad's new set of false teeth with it :LOL:

"JAWS" (Oooops,as inFILM,not on FORUM.LOL)
Tea Bag

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Mine is the same as Jocks, 395, type 5 code 3
Must be about 15 years old now, it has been used constantly for all sorts from modifying and tuning heads and manifolds, cutting nuts off ( even cutting a set of lock nuts off a mates car when he lost the key ! )
It has been used as a modelling router and shaper and even the driving device on a tiny lathe I made to make some spindles for a device I made

My best accessories are probably the drill stand ( model 212 ) and ( absolutely essential ) 3 jaw chuck

Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

The chucks are available from loads of places.. They are all exactly the same apart from the prices charged.

try the following link for the cheapest I have ever found..

http://www.axminster.co.uk/proxxon-...RJ9WrCJGZHK_epYWkukcddcGyIQJOJwk_sxoCuYzw_wcB

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I stupidly gave mine away ( almost unused) when I moved abroad. I'd love to try stone engraving with one.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Nothing in particular, my current thing I have cut nuts off (easy) ..rotary burr for opening holes that kinda thing. Would use it more but for its pants on the power front.
I have a Woolworths one and a rechargeable one from Aldi. They have been adequate but I wonder whether a proper Dremel one would be more useful but have no idea what I would use it on that my other ones can't.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And if you can do everything you want already why replace ?
I use mine and have used mine for many years for all manner of stuff related to both my hobbies and work..
I originally had a cheapy, followed by another slightly better unit which both worked ok but wore out
Woman bought me a pucka Dremel and no matter what I have done with it I have never managed to either wear it out or even get it over worked !

If I was not such a heavy user one of the less well known makes may well have been just fine :)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
No idea what model mine is but be assured, its still going strong 10 years down the line.
Exactly!

I bought a Dremmel after the Aldi one packed up.

No comparison in performance and I find it extremely versatile. Used mainly for model building.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
One I got is a bit on the pants side. When I "lean" on the thing it just stops. Puka ...is what i'm looking for ;)

They make TERRIBLE drills.. Why on earth you would want to use a steak and kidney pie has completely baffled me !!

No no.. Stick with a Dremmel and forget pastry based DIY tools, they just aint up to the job

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Where can you get the false teeth adjusting tool ? Our local supplier has run out of stock.
Happy new year Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back