CAMPERVAN HELP (1 Viewer)

HI I HAVE A 15 YEAROLD PEUGEOT BOXER WHICH IS RINNING RICH IT IS PETROL HAVING A FULLS SERVICE

• A

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • A

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • A

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

DAVID PRINCE

Free Member
Dec 30, 2015
LONDON
Funster No
MH
peugeot boxerclass4
Exp
i ma newbie
HI I HAVE A 15 YEAR OLD PEUGEOT BOXER WHICH IS RUNNING RICH IT IS PETROL WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A FULL SERVICE CAN ANY ONE HELP THANKS DAVE HOMEBREWER

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
One way to introduce yourself!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welllll Could be a partially blocked exhaust or indeed air filter
Could be the PRV .. could be any one of a number of things really.
A full engine service might well cure all ..
What is the current mileage the vehicle has recorded ?
You say it is rich but how rich ( as in what is the present MPG ? )

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Get it serviced and the engine tuned. Hopefully that will sort it. Good luck.
Our previous van (also petrol but on a Merc) ran rich when we got it and a mobile tune-up service came and sorted it.

And I vote for A as well... or maybe A, there again it could be A

Oh, and welcome to fun!

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hey guys, stop taking the mick, it's the chaps first post. So what if it's all in caps and he hit the poll button by mistake, he is asking for help is that not what we do first and foremost?

Not much information to go on I admit but at least Jaws and PD could see beyond the chance of a quick pi** take.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I disagree with everyone, I think it's 'A' :D

Service should sort it out, clogged air filter and old plugs will cause running rich. Not sure if 15 year old would have the electronics, but if it does, then lambda sensor and exhaust gas sensor should also be suspect.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I disagree with everyone, I think it's 'A' :D

Service should sort it out, clogged air filter and old plugs will cause running rich. Not sure if 15 year old would have the electronics, but if it does, then lambda sensor and exhaust gas sensor should also be suspect.
My 24 yr old Mazda does so it might have Daniel.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
What were the guys called that were mobile and came to you to do a tune up? It was a franchise with a Sun tuner in the back of the van, all done from a laptop nowadays I shouldn't wonder.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Perhaps another question I should have asked, how are you establishing that it is running rich? If there is a stink of petrol, are you sure it is from the exhaust, it could be a leaky fuel hose (had that quite recently on a car).

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
HI I HAVE A 15 YEAR OLD PEUGEOT BOXER WHICH IS RUNNING RICH IT IS PETROL WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A FULL SERVICE CAN ANY ONE HELP THANKS DAVE HOMEBREWER

Hi David welcome to Motorhome Fun, don't worry if your post came up slightly different than you meant, finding your way around new forums is never easy.

What @Badknee was saying about shouting is when you type in capital letters it is seen as shouting, but unless someone tells you how do you know. Hopefully when you have your service the garage will be able to give you some pointers. Keep asking questions that's what it's all about, admittedly with a bit of banter mixed in. You are allowed 5 Free posts then you will need to register and pay the ÂŁ15 subs but the information and help you save that many times over.

Good luck with your motorhome and Happy Travels. :welc:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
hi David Welcome.

definitely get the service and tune done and all should be well or at least they should be able to give you a real good idea of whats up and rough costs to fix it.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hello David welcome don't take to much notice of the critics they mean well. ENJOY THE FUN:xThumb:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi David Prince.
It was for your benefit that i was correcting Larrywin and Badknee in my post,they were wrong!,as for your "Vote" thingy,i have not the first clue as to how you got it onto the page,so,well done.
As said in a lot of posts,joining is money well spent,another ting,if you don't ask,you don't get..... Simple. Pi$$ take? NO,the clue is in the name.Motorhome FUN. Welcome.
Tea Bag

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Sorry I can't help with your query as I have absolutely no technical know-how, but in any case:
Hello and welcome to the Fun
upload_2015-12-30_22-12-58.png

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
A petrol engine running rich can be down to many things. From a simple air filter being old and dirty to fuel mix adjustment being required or both plus of course plugs and so on.
A comprehensive engine service being carried out by a competent mechanic should cure the problem. Running rich is best sorted sooner rather than later as in extreme cases it can lead to bore wash which is where unburnt petrol gets down into the bores and washes away the lubricating oil. This leads to rapid bore/piston/ and piston ring wear.

Im not familiar with your engine so if you care to post more details Im sure you will get more information. (y)(y)

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hello and welcome if it was American you would definitely be running rich:xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:

N

Nobody

Deleted User
I'd try putting some fuel conditioner in the tank when you fill up it might solve the problem it could be dirty fuel that's causing the problem

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Strange that nothing has been heard from David Prince since his original post...where has he gone.!!??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back