Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well it aint me.. but I can understand how this happens
There is a massive jam.
The vehicles in front of you take the turning.. You watch for a while and more and more vehicle so the same thing
So you follow them !
Far from anywhere near the right thing to do, merely saying how it happens ( having been present during an interview several years ago when something identical happened .. that was the reason several drivers gave )

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Not enough Traffic Police period! Not enough Traffic Police where they should be, in amongst the traffic.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Assuming that the delay from the accident will be extensive, why could the police not organise this to be a temporary exit? I assume that anyone joining the motorway at this point, will be adding to the chaos and the entrance should be closed.
Alan

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Assuming that the delay from the accident will be extensive, why could the police not organise this to be a temporary exit? I assume that anyone joining the motorway at this point, will be adding to the chaos and the entrance should be closed.
Alan
Is that assumption correct though? In the case in this area it wasn't an extensive delay, just annoying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Alan
They frequently do that if it is an extensive delay. has happened to me twice on the A12. Police close the entrance and turn the vehicles around one by one to go up the road

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
Funster or not – well done that Motorhome driver.

A bit of common sense used to avoid a possible long delay.

Sounds like an outraged Daily Fail story with nothing better to fill the pages before using the paper to wrap chips in.

This is the French response to an accident in front of them on a dual carriageway Motorway – turn round and go back the way you came – and not a Gendarme in sight ......

Accident France 1.jpg

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Alan

Even when they have junctions specifically modified for the purpose of turning around traffic & taking them off they don't use them. Far easier to stop the vehicles entering from the slip road & just leave the other poor saps to wait.
I ended up stopped this year at J2 of the M2. A junction built to take the traffic off in wrong direction. I was one of the last vehicles that obviously went past J· before the motorway was shut. Stopped at 10.50 am & told it would be 2.30pm !! The one car that did reverse down the on slip was booked & sent back by the police vehicle there. No attempt was made to take the traffic off & on to the A2.
When the vehicles started moving in the distance around 1pm & we were obviously going to be on our way they opened the slip road on & vehicles started pouring up 3&4 abreast ( Yes it's that wide to allow turning artics ! so why not use it ) on to a stopped motorway !! They were even stupid enough to come on with them & wondered why they were surrounded & abused. Yes ,the order probably did come from higher Up but a quick look to see that we'd started moving /gone would have helped diffuse the situation.

So it's an utter waste of time even when they have them.They'll always take the lazy way out.
Before anyone says that maybe the alternates were busy/blocked etc; they weren't . I walked down there twice . Dog enjoyed it.
Oh & p.s. the problem was falling illegal criminals yet again.

They frequently do that if it is an extensive delay. has happened to me twice on the A12. Police close the entrance and turn the vehicles around one by one to go up the road

Well tell 'em to do it in Kent please.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back