Free Member
May 2, 2009
ashford, kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
6 months
Advise please.I have purchased a 3g dongle pay as you go, it works well in the UK. I am off to france next week, will it work in europe or do i need to purchase anything additional.billyfreda

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Advise please.I have purchased a 3g dongle pay as you go, it works well in the UK. I am off to france next week, will it work in europe or do i need to purchase anything additional.billyfreda

From the Three website:-

Can I use the USB modem abroad?

Yes, you can use the 3 USB Modem abroad. Go to our roaming page Link Removedhere, click on the Pay Monthly or Pay As You Go tab, and select the country you are visiting under the drop-down menu. Then just check if there is a tick under Data on the table to see if you can use your modem.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Yes you can but look at the cost £1.25 per MB. :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi
as previously said, it will work but roaming charges are prohibitive Best bet is to have your 3 dongle unlocked then buy a sim from whatever country you are visiting .

see thread, Link Removed

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi
as previously said, it will work but roaming charges are prohibitive Best bet is to have your 3 dongle unlocked then buy a sim from whatever country you are visiting .

see thread, Link Removed

Or use WiFi, maybe not as universally available but a hell of a lot cheaper if you are in France, Spain and Portugal.

Doug...

pij974

Free Member
Mar 17, 2008
Wellingborough, Northants
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
There was a report on radio 2 the other week about using these things abroad, apparently someone downloaded an episode of the apprentice and it cost £14000!!!!!!!!!!! Don't know how true it is but be carefull.

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
There was a report on radio 2 the other week about using these things abroad, apparently someone downloaded an episode of the apprentice and it cost £14000!!!!!!!!!!! Don't know how true it is but be carefull.

How's this possible on a PAYG sim?

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:cry: I got a 3 PAYG Dongle 3 weeks ago. I didn't bother to read the instructions having converted our son and our daughter from landline to Contract THREE last year. I should have then used my £10 top up to buy an add-on. :RollEyes: It was costing 30p a MB. I soon used up my extra and 1GB. :Blush:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I've been trying to find out if there is a French payg sim card similar to the UK one where you get internet access without having to pay per meg but to date have had no luck.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I've been trying to find out if there is a French payg sim card similar to the UK one where you get internet access without having to pay per meg but to date have had no luck.

Hi

This was discussed before and Frankie suggested France Orange .. I've tried to find out more and came up with this ..

Link Removed

also try Googling . France Orange SIM data ..

hth

Jim

potjoe

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
pay as go France

Hi,ALL last week i talking to a man in France on the skype phone by the way,and he said it was NOT poss to pay as you go in France.But i have looked on the internet on site think its call 0044.co.uk take alook may be of help!.john:thumb::thumb::thumb:

bashers

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
3! Been boating for years. Now just bought an RV
Easy Peassy Lemon Squeezy!!

10b for 6 euros!! screw that!!

Get 500mb per month for 12 euros like this.
i have three sims set up and am connecting from monbazillac as i write.

Unlock your 3g card. quite cheap about a tenner online

If you have time, buy a french orange sim from the site that sounds like fleabay (put .fr at the end)
Mince cost 11 euros and i bought three (two phones and one for the 3G card)
If out of time as you are, buy one at and orange shop in France

Go to France

Go to any shop and buy mobicarte for 10 euros (theres already 5 euros on your card)

activate it with the english instructions at the back of the SIM pack
dial #123# and you get an interactive menu that goes something like this
go to multimedia
got to internet
go to internet max
confirm twice.
within 48 hours you will have this activated but can use it anyway as there is some internet credit on your sim.

Remember to top up 15 euros every month.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back