Maintaining window & door seals (1 Viewer)

strathspey

Free Member
May 19, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
Over the past few years, I have found that using rubber & nylon lubricant on both internal and external window seals keeps them looking like new and prevents them sticking when the windows have been closed for long periods.
Used round the door sealing strips, it also stops them sticking in very frosty weather.
I usually buy a few spray cans in the French supermarkets, where they are half price compared to Halfords.
The stuff can be used to prevent the deterioration of any rubber/plastic/nylon parts.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Something to be aware of....... If you use silicone of any kind, spray or grease remember that if you ever want to apply paint or bonding or glue of any kind you will have a great deal of difficulty in getting anything to bond to any surface that has silicone on it, and the spray can float and spread for many meters on the wind.

This comes from my own personal and industrial experience

Doug...

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
Mr Sheen works great, it contains teflon and makes the rubber waterproof (water beeds).
stops the rubber being sticky.
Used to recondition washing machines and it worked great on the door seals and powder draws.

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
They sell some in Lidl, dealer I bought from in Germany showed me the can.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Something to be aware of....... If you use silicone of any kind, spray or grease remember that if you ever want to apply paint or bonding or glue of any kind you will have a great deal of difficulty in getting anything to bond to any surface that has silicone on it, and the spray can float and spread for many meters on the wind.

This comes from my own personal and industrial experience

Doug...

It does work as a great "masking" agent though and saves on masking tape ...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Especially on tyre walls...NOT tread...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back