LIFE MEMBER
Oct 25, 2008
Boroughbridge
Funster No
MH
VW transporter
Exp
25+
were going to try a wild camping weekend at scarborough this weekend does anyone know can you still stay on the sea front or do you use the sea life centre?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sealife centre.......if you get away with it.
Marine drive will probably get you a ticket at least, moved on more likely.
The towns traffic enforcement officers have next to f##k all to do at this time of year so a nice juicy motorhome illegally parked is necter.

Scarborough has become one of the most motorhome unfriendly towns in the county.

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Would not bother mate they dont want you there.we tried to stop for something to eat
we were looked at like we had the plague wouldnever go near there again

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
What rights do they have to move you on from the prom? If I growled at them and told them to kiss my a**e maybe they would leave us in peace? :xThumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
What rights do they have to move you on from the prom? If I growled at them and told them to kiss my a**e maybe they would leave us in peace? :xThumb:
The rights in the order that came from a long running and comprehensive public consultation which took into account everyone, not just a few motorhomers.

In the whole of Scarborough Borough (i.e. including Whitby, Filey &c) there are a mere 10 roads where motorhomes are not permitted to park between the hours of 11pm and 7am each day. In all other roads the only restrictions are those which apply to all vehicles.

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
It was marine drive I meant, We walk our dogs on the beach and eat at north bay fisheries and our dream was to stay overnight, maybe we should just do it and f**k the fun police, I get enough s**t being victimised being a biker! surely there must be more important issues in the north of England at this time:mad:.

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
The rights in the order that came from a long running and comprehensive public consultation which took into account everyone, not just a few motorhomers.

In the whole of Scarborough Borough (i.e. including Whitby, Filey &c) there are a mere 10 roads where motorhomes are not permitted to park between the hours of 11pm and 7am each day. In all other roads the only restrictions are those which apply to all vehicles.
Hi, sorry for ranting but will we get arrested? seems so stupid as we just want to stay one night, We willing to give it a try but don't want to give other motorhomers a bad name .

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
You won't get arrested but you will recieve a penalty notice from Scarborough council -if you are happy to pay that then you don't have an issueo_O

Reactions: GJH

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I got a parking ticket at 11am on sunday 13th dec......in a small village 5 miles north of scarborough.

The towns traffic officers are far and wide.

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi pigginchilli. I know what you mean about being a biker. I am 66 in a weeks time but when I get off my new Suzuki GSX 650 everyone looks at me as iff I have got 2 heads and a pointed gun. A motorhome owner gets the same treatment in the UK so we spend as much time as possible out the country. The UK has missed out on tens of thousands of pounds just I have spent over the water in the last 12 years. Save your money and go to France Germany they love bikers and motorhomes

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
I got a parking ticket at 11am on sunday 13th dec......in a small village 5 miles north of scarborough.

The towns traffic officers are far and wide.
Your a local so theres no hope for us, No wonder so many funsters go to france! We bought our van for freedom, its all about jealousy from the fun police who live miserable lives and hate to think anyone might want to enjoy themselves, total t***s rant over for the time being.:xangry:

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Hi pigginchilli. I know what you mean about being a biker. I am 66 in a weeks time but when I get off my new Suzuki GSX 650 everyone looks at me as iff I have got 2 heads and a pointed gun. A motorhome owner gets the same treatment in the UK so we spend as much time as possible out the country. The UK has missed out on tens of thousands of pounds just I have spent over the water in the last 12 years. Save your money and go to France Germany they love bikers and motorhomes
Hi, I know your bike looks like a gsxr with upright bars very nice! We have no mortgage or dependant kids but not much money either, but have a lovely autotrail Mohican, I have a gsxr1000 (avatar) 170 bhp at rear wheel, a tl1000s, and a bandit1200, And a lovely wife who wants out of our current location and work. :eek:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi, sorry for ranting but will we get arrested? seems so stupid as we just want to stay one night, We willing to give it a try but don't want to give other motorhomers a bad name .
Stupid, perhaps, if it were only one person perhaps but read the history - Here for instance. Not so stupid perhaps.
Your a local so theres no hope for us, No wonder so many funsters go to france! We bought our van for freedom, its all about jealousy from the fun police who live miserable lives and hate to think anyone might want to enjoy themselves, total t***s rant over for the time being.:xangry:
Having a van is no different from anything else as far as freedom goes. It is the responsibility of all of us to make sure our freedoms don't affect others adversely. Not as extreme as "travellers" invading somewhere perhaps but excessive numbers and length of stay have been shown often enough to be bad enough and is nothing to do with jealousy.
As some of our full timing colleagues have shown us in the past, it isn't all that difficult to find somewhere to stay the night for free without upsetting other people.

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Stupid, perhaps, if it were only one person perhaps but read the history - Here for instance. Not so stupid perhaps.

Having a van is no different from anything else as far as freedom goes. It is the responsibility of all of us to make sure our freedoms don't affect others adversely. Not as extreme as "travellers" invading somewhere perhaps but excessive numbers and length of stay have been shown often enough to be bad enough and is nothing to do with jealousy.
As some of our full timing colleagues have shown us in the past, it isn't all that difficult to find somewhere to stay the night for free without upsetting other people.
We stay very indescreet apart from taking our dogs out,

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Think there is something wrong with scarborough folks council etc??
As always follow the money. Some will disagree but wherever there is direct action against motorhomes there seems to be a councillor or two with 'other interests'...

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
As always follow the money. Some will disagree but wherever there is direct action against motorhomes there seems to be a councillor or two with 'other interests'...
Allegedly of course:LOL:

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
T***s Still going to overnight on marine drive to see what happens.:xThumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Dont have a drink then....:xgrin:

I doubt you will be moved on as that takes far to long to authorise....thats how Itinerants manage to park where they want.

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Dont have a drink then....:xgrin:

I doubt you will be moved on as that takes far to long to authorise....thats how Itinerants manage to park where they want.
Aha now I see your point! my wife is t total and this sounds like total fun winding the fun police up!:xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back