Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
just a heads up Red Funnel are,offering good deals again on crossings and campsite bookings ...from £128 for five nights at a choice of four different good sites including crossings .

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
No disrespect to those lovely South Islanders but make sure you have 1st rate travel insurance and all necessary shots.....:xrofl: :xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Ignore @Popeye , no need for all that baloney !!

We are quite friendly & helpful !!!

by the way , Griff who do you know over here , that you could call Luverly? other than good ole ME

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I was thinking of the lovely couple who used to give up their mooring for us in Yarmouth not you though your Missus is lovely.

You are more the reason I was suggesting they had their shots....... :wink:

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Thanks Khizzie, just been sorting out my visits for 2016, so will have a look at red funnel. I live in chandlers ford, but lived on the island for over two years, 20 years ago. Have only been back once since, so again thanks for the heads up.

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Another vote for Whitefield Forest Touring Park
Stayed there a couple of years ago and it's a very pleasant wooded spot - and not far from Thornton Cross where I grew up!
The Red Funnel deals are good value compared with booking your own site/ferry.

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Thanks Khizzie, just been sorting out my visits for 2016, so will have a look at red funnel. I live in chandlers ford, but lived on the island for over two years, 20 years ago. Have only been back once since, so again thanks for the heads up.

Short drive to docks then for you Scottie. ! I must admit the island is one of the places i go at least once a year and its cost effective when Red funnel do their offers...

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Are you suggesting I have to eat fortified food before I can hug my squeeze ...... yeah you're right, mind you if that was your Guitar playing son that I met in Yeovilton, pictured in the onesie the other day I'd keep my head down on the woosie front if I were you Kizzie. :wink:

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Are you suggesting I have to eat fortified food before I can hug my squeeze ...... yeah you're right, mind you if that was your Guitar playing son that I met in Yeovilton, pictured in the onesie the other day I'd keep my head down on the woosie front if I were you Kizzie. :wink:

Ok .... I will just go and hide my self with a tin of spinach and hope you will forgive me any nastyurtions I may cast accidentally in your direction..

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We used the Red Funnel offer and saw 2012 in at Waverley Park campsite. This is the nearest site to the ferry port, less than 5 minutes drive. Walking distance to East Cowes or the beach.

Its a good deal but they do add on a few quid if you have a larger van.

Paul

iow.jpg

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
We used the Red Funnel offer and saw 2012 in at Waverley Park campsite. This is the nearest site to the ferry port, less than 5 minutes drive. Walking distance to East Cowes or the beach.

Its a good deal but they do add on a few quid if you have a larger van.

And don't forget only a short walk to Osborne house ..site is well positioned for buses to anywhere on the island

a
Paul

[ATTeACH=full]87702[/ATTACH]
And

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Sorry had a Gigo moment with iPad,what I was trying to add was that Osborne house is also just a short walk away from site.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back