Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
If you were able to get your motorhome out of the floods and need a safe temp site please let me know I can accommodate several vans. I know we are a long way south but are 600ft above sea level. The site is closed so no charge, just a safe refuge should you need it. Water and WC on site and a portable generator available for everyone to use and keep batteries charged. Temps currently around 15 deg outside so no heating needed
please note full timers I'm sure will have already sorted themselves and not be affected.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
If you were able to get your motorhome out of the floods and need a safe temp site please let me know I can accommodate several vans. I know we are a long way south but are 600ft above sea level. The site is closed so no charge, just a safe refuge should you need it. Water and WC on site and a portable generator available for everyone to use and keep batteries charged. Temps currently around 15 deg outside so no heating needed
please note full timers I'm sure will have already sorted themselves and not be affected.
You Sir are a gent. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
If you can't get your MH out, I can offer a cottage for use in Suffolk. It would have to be done with an assured shorthold tenancy but we could cancel after a week, month, three months; whatever you require.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
That is a great offer from Wildman and Mattyjwr its nice to know when the chips are down there are funster's out there prepared to pull out the stops to help.Good on you both.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
However the forecast isn't great for here after Tuesday.

We won't flood - its just you would need to plan your route to avoid getting stuck. If you get here you will be more than welcome. There is a spare bedroom or you could use Buffy if you can't get your van here but I think most people are more comfortable in their own space :) We are north of the River Tweed and south of the Blackadder. Both have been known to flood badly.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Just checked with Toots, he and his family are ok but he is unable to get to his van as the access road is flooded. Van is fine, luckily. The next village along has been badly affected with residents evacuated twice. The pics of people being evacuated show smiling faces or stoicism in the face of the second flooding out in two years. Makes me proud of my identity and the generous people on this thread reinforce that. :)

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Sometimes you realise how many kind people exist even tho you probably
never meet.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Just back from trying to get to the site where my van is parked up but have had to give it up as unable to get around the floods, just hope I still have a van and not a submarine :xdoh:
Would have been inappropriate to like that post, but hoping all is well for you and the van.(y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Just checked with Toots, he and his family are ok but he is unable to get to his van as the access road is flooded. Van is fine, luckily. The next village along has been badly affected with residents evacuated twice. The pics of people being evacuated show smiling faces or stoicism in the face of the second flooding out in two years. Makes me proud of my identity and the generous people on this thread reinforce that. :)
Glad to hear they are all ok.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Just back from trying to get to the site where my van is parked up but have had to give it up as unable to get around the floods, just hope I still have a van and not a submarine :xdoh:
I like the fact you posted not that you are unable to get to the van.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Thanks Bertie. The truck is fine, but the roads to and from the storage are either blocked, or have bridge closure's on them, however, hopefully we can get out on Wednesday morning, before the next heavy rain arrives, and appear at Chipping. :xThumb:
This is what's between us and the van.........:xeek:

garstang2.jpg

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Very kind offer roger :xThumb:
we are river watching tonight it came with in one foot of breeching at high tide our house sits seven feet below high tide
bill

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
  1. Glad to hear you are ok @Tootles - St Michaels has taken a real pounding this year.
  2. I have been speaking to some old colleagues from Lancashire County Council who are emergency responder volunteers. From Christmas Day on they have had rest centres open for those displaced from their homes. This peaked at 5 centres open at the same time and the volunteers have been severely stretched. One even had to abandon his car and get a lift in a fire engine to open up a centre. These folk do a fantastic job and are all volunteers. Shame that the CC has cut the service, with no manager and very little training now available.
    This just reinforces the community spirit that exists and a further consequence of funding cuts.

Copied from other post, seems more appropriate here.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thanks Bertie. The truck is fine, but the roads to and from the storage are either blocked, or have bridge closure's on them, however, hopefully we can get out on Wednesday morning, before the next heavy rain arrives, and appear at Chipping. :xThumb:

View attachment 87638

Can't see the problem. Nice big white handrail you can hang on to & follow your way......:whistle::xThumb:

Very kind offer roger :xThumb:
we are river watching tonight it came with in one foot of breeching at high tide our house sits seven feet below high tide
bill

Now that's not good to hear. I'll keep my fingers x'd.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision

View attachment 87638
Good luck with all that Toots.....but how's the boat, hope it's somewhere sheltered?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back