what was your christmas like (2 Viewers)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
What was your Christmas like ours was very good we had our son home with his lovely wife and our new grand child.
We had a fantastic diner with all the trimmings traditional Christmas followed by the queens speech
then the other grand children cam over to see us.
it's just us three now all snuggled up on the couch log fir burning watching home alone enjoying a mauled wine.
we are off with the van to our foster daughter's for diner tomorrow more mince pies:xgrin:
bill

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Great.

Up early to walk the dog.

Christmas mornings to ourselves. Then round to our Daughter's and family for lunch and games.

Now at home relaxing with TV.

No stress. Sheer pleasure, as it should be.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
What was your Christmas like ours was very good we had our son home with his lovely wife and our new grand child.
We had a fantastic diner with all the trimmings traditional Christmas followed by the queens speech
then the other grand children cam over to see us.
it's just us three now all snuggled up on the couch log fir burning watching home alone enjoying a mauled wine.
we are off with the van to our foster daughter's for diner tomorrow more mince pies:xgrin:
bill
Sounds idyllic!

Glad you have had such a great day.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Older of the two Grandsons (age 2 1/2) decided the gift we got him and posted to him was the best ever and refused to open any of the other pressies..... when we phoned all we could hear was his singing "Dinosaur Train, Dinosaur Train" !!!! Apparently his Mum is not impressed :( :)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Glad you had a good day Bill hopefully with more joy to come. We are at home with one half of our family until Sunday when we get to see the other half. Had a good day today with our two grandchildren. It's the first time we have been allowed to have our 6 year old granddaughter (long story) so it has been a special day for us.
Enjoy the rest of your Christmas. :xThumb:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
MAGIC. A couple we have met over here,invited us and twenty friends to a sit down Christmas dinner,it went seamlessly,and it was just so good. Would we do it again ?. Like a shot. Got to go now,"Ladies excuse me" or, the Growler wants another walkies,Merry Christmas.
Tea Bag

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
What was my Christmas like?

Coffee - 1 mug.

Croissants - 2 (warmed in genny powered oven).

Sausages - 2.

Bacon - 6 slices (smoked streaky).

Fried bread - 2 rounds.

Fried egg - 1.

Coffee - 1 mug.

Biscuits - 4 (Digestives)

Yoghurts - 2.

Banana - 1.

Apple - 1.

Rolled shoulder of lamb - 500 grams(ish)

Sweet corn - 1 (small tin).

Yoghurts - 2.

After Eight Mints - 1 (small box).

Coffee - 1 mug.

Biscuits - 2 (Digestives).

Banana - 1.

Apple - 1.

Cereal - 1 bowl (Corn Flakes and Rice Krispies).

Film - 1 (Mr and Mrs Smith).

and visits to Champer's Luxury Frankia and the Bus Bar (Coffee) plus fitting speedometer to the bicycle.

Bed.

Brilliant!

JJ :xcool:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Had my oldest home from the army so me nikki George and harley the two dogs a bottle of jack Daniels no tv just talking and eating Nikki's great dinner. Then happy birthday nikki and a birthday cake before more politicAl debate from the social justice warrior Harley on everything from gay rights to the belief that there is no god counteracted by George's belief that Europe should leave the UK and that if anyone so much as talks badly about the queen following her speech he will see to it personally to rid them of their human right to exist..bloody Grenadair Guards...
We followed this with a hand combat boxing match whereby I proved that despite my advancing years I'm still a dab hand at the noble art out pointing George over 3 rounds whilst harley told us how the pen is mightier than the sword.

All in all a pretty amazing day and how my kids turned out so different is quite a thing but the way we showed our love for each other yesterday despite our differences of thinking is testerment fir what can be achieved ...
Enjoy the season xx

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Our oven broke down on Christmas morning! Came back from walking the dogs expecting to smell the lovely aroma of turkey cooking, only to find a cold oven. Fortunately we have great neighbours who cooked it for us in their oven. Motorhome oven to the rescue for other things and 8 people sat down to a lovely meal together. Phew ...

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Got SOAKED trying to play golf and came home, lit log burner, unpacked saturated "stuff" into conservatory with the de-humidifier. Had an "Aldi" duck and all the trimmings, followed by a "Lidle" ((we like to be fair)) rich Christmas pud each and watched the telly together. Then bed.. Bliss. xx .

Nov 13, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
3 years and not long enough
What was my Christmas like?

Coffee - 1 mug.

Croissants - 2 (warmed in genny powered oven).

Sausages - 2.

Bacon - 6 slices (smoked streaky).

Fried bread - 2 rounds.

Fried egg - 1.

Coffee - 1 mug.

Biscuits - 4 (Digestives)

Yoghurts - 2.

Banana - 1.

Apple - 1.

Rolled shoulder of lamb - 500 grams(ish)

Sweet corn - 1 (small tin).

Yoghurts - 2.

After Eight Mints - 1 (small box).

Coffee - 1 mug.

Biscuits - 2 (Digestives).

Banana - 1.

Apple - 1.

Cereal - 1 bowl (Corn Flakes and Rice Krispies).

Film - 1 (Mr and Mrs Smith).

and visits to Champer's Luxury Frankia and the Bus Bar (Coffee) plus fitting speedometer to the bicycle.

Bed.

Brilliant!

JJ :xcool:

So JJ, you have started your new years diet early then ???

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Had my oldest home from the army so me nikki George and harley the two dogs a bottle of jack Daniels no tv just talking and eating Nikki's great dinner. Then happy birthday nikki and a birthday cake before more politicAl debate from the social justice warrior Harley on everything from gay rights to the belief that there is no god counteracted by George's belief that Europe should leave the UK and that if anyone so much as talks badly about the queen following her speech he will see to it personally to rid them of their human right to exist..bloody Grenadair Guards...
We followed this with a hand combat boxing match whereby I proved that despite my advancing years I'm still a dab hand at the noble art out pointing George over 3 rounds whilst harley told us how the pen is mightier than the sword.

All in all a pretty amazing day and how my kids turned out so different is quite a thing but the way we showed our love for each other yesterday despite our differences of thinking is testerment fir what can be achieved ...
Enjoy the season xx
nice to see you had a good grate day my boy is royal engineers he go's back today:crying:
have a grate time Paul.
bill and family

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well boxing day at the step daughter shall I say glad to be home her mother was there to recovering alcoholic fallen off the wagon destroyed the day.
Christmas theirs always something :xangry:
bill

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Just the 4 of us, like every year. Daughter home from China, good. FiL from half a mile away, less good.
It's not his fault, he's 90 and not in great health. Plus he's lived on his own for over 50 years. This makes him extremely set in his ways, has to have what he wants, when he wants it.
Suffice to say, we decided his son can take over next year, self, wife and daughter are going to meet up in Thailand for Christmas 2016. Well, that's the plan so far. :)

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
@billthedrill did you roast the Turkey upside down?
Went to MIL's in south yks xmas eve, youngest son joined us up from london. Tapas style tea, champers lovely evening. Xmas dinner just us 4, traditional, overstuffed, lovely prezzies and time together. Home today, bad news, middle son flooded out in sowerby bridge, lost 2 cars. His birthday tomorrow and had to cancel his holiday, he was leaving tomorrow to be away for new year with friends. Absolutely gutted for them they work so hard.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
@billthedrill did you roast the Turkey upside down?
Went to MIL's in south yks xmas eve, youngest son joined us up from london. Tapas style tea, champers lovely evening. Xmas dinner just us 4, traditional, overstuffed, lovely prezzies and time together. Home today, bad news, middle son flooded out in sowerby bridge, lost 2 cars. His birthday tomorrow and had to cancel his holiday, he was leaving tomorrow to be away for new year with friends. Absolutely gutted for them they work so hard.
sorry to her abut there loss
I did it was lovely the best turkey we have had we had a very good day today we turned the left over in to a curry
it is very good to
bill

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We had just finished dinner and was taking things back to the kitchen . BANG miniexplosion or so it seemed and fluid burst forth from the Freezer, shooed wife out as I thought it was gas but no it was water. Ah so, it is is the Water 'Otter, NO not that it was a cold supply pie had decided to part company with itself after 30 years and was spewing forth at the back of the cupboard. I turned off the mains then had to set to and open things up and resolder the pipe. I DID NOT NEED THAT on christmas afternoon. I need to make another cupboard now as the original is water soaked and swollen.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We had just finished dinner and was taking things back to the kitchen . BANG miniexplosion or so it seemed and fluid burst forth from the Freezer, shooed wife out as I thought it was gas but no it was water. Ah so, it is is the Water 'Otter, NO not that it was a cold supply pie had decided to part company with itself after 30 years and was spewing forth at the back of the cupboard. I turned off the mains then had to set to and open things up and resolder the pipe. I DID NOT NEED THAT on christmas afternoon. I need to make another cupboard now as the original is water soaked and swollen.

Then again what else would you have been doing ? :whistle::xgrin:

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Our day was looking after OH parents, We did all the work-cooking etc., plus fetching & carrying for them!
'Dad' wouldn't have any decorations up, & thought last Sunday dinner was Xmas!
'Mum' said Xmas was over on Xmas Eve, she had TV on full belt!
Thank goodness we had the MH to escape to!
I still managed to get too fat for my jeans!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Wet, a water pipe solder joint blew off completely just as I walked into the kitchen to clear up. Mayhem and water everywhere, turned it off and remade the joint but plenty of mess and blown cabinet bits. What a bang and what a mess.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Mediocre christmas lunch at the pub...basic sunday lunch with turkey, not worth £35 a head.
Stepdaughters in the evening, going well but i forgot to take my diabetic tablets with me and had a bit of a wobbly after the buffet.
Only a couple of pints all evening so drove home around 10:30 and to bed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back