New to the world of motorhomes (1 Viewer)

woody46

Free Member
Jun 21, 2009
Funster No
Hi all,

I have been loitering here for a while after being recommended by Jock & Rita ::bigsmile:

We collect our motorhome the first week of August after which we plan to tour some of UK to get accustomed to it and then in October off to Europe for how ever long we feel like staying there. Anyone one with useful tips advice etc would much appreciate it as we are complete newbies :Eeek:

A question.......... Whilst visiting my sister in law a while ago on a site in Cornwall we saw several caravans there with attached bats flying from poles attached to their caravans............apparently to scare away seagulls thus preventing them from trashing their awnings and such like........... Anyone heard of this?

Thanks for reading :thumb:

Woody

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Woodt46 WELCOME Join the fun:welcome:

When you have a question just ask someone is bound to know the answer.

Never heard about the bats to stop seagulls maybe someone else has and we can learn together. In this hobby you never stop learning, thats what a forum is for.:Eeek:

Dave:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
I fly a Canada Goose (Geese) ? Its not so much what you fly but the flapping noise that it makes. But have been ordered to remove when on a couple of C&CC sites, "keeps the children awake".:ROFLMAO:

Oh, welcome to the site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Hi Woody

:welcome:to motorhomefun :thumb:

billy

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
I fly a Canada Goose (Geese) ? Its not so much what you fly but the flapping noise that it makes. But have been ordered to remove when on a couple of C&CC sites, "keeps the children awake".:ROFLMAO:

Thanks for that was wondering how bats would stop seagulls, can see the point of flapping things now.:Doh:

Dave

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We collect our motorhome the first week of August after which we plan to tour some of UK to get accustomed to it and then in October off to Europe

A question.......... Whilst visiting my sister in law a while ago on a site in Cornwall we saw several caravans there with attached bats flying from poles
Woody

We did this just two years ago and never looked back.

The things on poles, HORRIBLE, if you try and sleep near them in a wind you'll soon agree.

October, Europe ??? Is your van winterised ? It's a cold place unless you follow the herds migrating to the winter pastures in Spain or Morocco. Sicily may be OK but not many people seem to go there.

OP
OP
W

woody46

Free Member
Jun 21, 2009
Funster No
Thanks

To all for your replies, warm welcome, and the explanation for the bats!!!

We are looking forward to taking off in our motorhome even though we are complete novices and will surely make lots of mistakes :Blush:

I have no clue if it is winterised and had never thought about it before but guess we need to now, maybe it would be a better to head to warmer climates?

Thanks once again
Woody

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi Woody46

Thats right go for it, if you get into trouble on site look for a motorhome they will normally help.:winky:
Don't worry we have all been there and I am sure all can make you laugh at the things we did wrong:Blush: I know we still laugh at things we did, but thats how you learn. Don't think we were all born with the knowledge we have, most of it comes through trial and error.:thumb: forums didn't exist in those days.

Dave

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
Hi all,

I have been loitering here for a while after being recommended by Jock & Rita ::bigsmile:

We collect our motorhome the first week of August after which we plan to tour some of UK to get accustomed to it and then in October off to Europe for how ever long we feel like staying there. Anyone one with useful tips advice etc would much appreciate it as we are complete newbies :Eeek:

A question.......... Whilst visiting my sister in law a while ago on a site in Cornwall we saw several caravans there with attached bats flying from poles attached to their caravans............apparently to scare away seagulls thus preventing them from trashing their awnings and such like........... Anyone heard of this?

Thanks for reading :thumb:

Woody
hi woody46 if you go onto this website you can get poles and various windsocks:thumb:i take it that is what you seen:Eeek:skyblueleisure.co.uk:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back