LEISURE BATTERY - BOXING DAY SALE (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi All,
I've just received a circular from Go Outdoors regarding their Boxing Day sale. Amongst other items, there's a 100Ah leisure battery from their 'Platinum' range priced at just £60 with their discount card. (Normal retail price £120)

At the moment, it's reduced to c£67 on their website, but (as they say on the Full Monte) 'For one day only' (Boxing Day) it's down to 60 nicker.

The spec seems ok. Other Funsters can judge whether this compares, or it's a good deal. Just thought I'd put it on the forum.

James

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I've got 2 duff Platinums, only 2.5 years old. Can do them much cheaper than that. Buyer collects, of course.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well it's not fair to kick the OP in the balls with thinly veiled "they are no good" statement like that.

Plenty of people on here kill them by leaving them for months and letting them totally discharge. Others have had faulty chargers.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
They may be excellent batteries but I am struggling to see why the seller is keen to ignore the £60 more he could earn or at the very least an extra £7 plus his normal commission. Does he know something he is not telling us?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Does he know something he is not telling us?

Big company like that it could be anything, excess slow moving stock, too heavy to be bothered with so stop selling, too much trouble to keep topping them up, who knows.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Well it's not fair to kick the OP in the balls with thinly veiled "they are no good" statement like that.

Plenty of people on here kill them by leaving them for months and letting them totally discharge. Others have had faulty chargers.
Erm, that was a joke, that it might be me that killed them, not that the batteries were no good from the start.
I guess light humour doesn't convey too well, at least mine doesn't.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I guess folk on here are more Banner and Varta rather than Go Outdoors, BUT I thought a cheapie like this might appeal to some, or for a cheap spare. They can't be all that bad surely? (n)

Anyway, I'm the LAST person to to ask about batteries, that's why I threw it open to the Funsterati. You are talking to a bloke who nearly killed his own battery (a Yuasa) because I thought it was 'maintainance free' and never topped it up for a year!!! In my defence, it only had one 'hole' on the top, when I'm used to seeing half a dozen screw tops. Doh! :xlaugh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back