Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I am in need of a new tablet as my old Android one has just about given up the ghost. As I want to run a couple of Windows programs I thought I would try this Windows 10 tablet and keyboard from Amazon.

Looks okay to me for £130, I'll let you know if its up to scratch. Anyone else got one?

Paul

tablet.jpg

Jun 7, 2014
Cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi, i bought this from Amazon about three weeks ago whilst it was on a daily deal. I have mainly used it connected to the keyboard and used it like a small laptop and it has performed well.
Like you i have wanted to use a couple of Microsoft programs whilst away which was too much like hard work on an Android device and my 17" laptop too large to take away, so went for one of these.
Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, i bought this from Amazon about three weeks ago whilst it was on a daily deal. I have mainly used it connected to the keyboard and used it like a small laptop and it has performed well.
Like you i have wanted to use a couple of Microsoft programs whilst away which was too much like hard work on an Android device and my 17" laptop too large to take away, so went for one of these.
Mike.

Thanks for the info Mike. I too have a 17" laptop which I have had for years. Its Windows Vista though, same as my desktop PC, and getting a bit clunky and its too big and heavy to lug around.

I was hoping my new tablet would arrive tomorrow, Christmas Eve, but it won't get here till Sunday apparently, impatient or what?

Paul

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I recently brought an HP Pavilion 360 2in1, very pleased with, but was a bit dearer £380. A tad on the heavy side as we went for a 13.3" screen. We were looking at the cheaper ones. What was noticeable was how screen quality and viewing angle improved with price, that is one of the reasons decide to spend more, also the proccessor is fast enough to cope with anything we can through at it. Will probably work out cheaper over 5 years as we won't need to replace it.

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
I have an HP pavillion X2, for about 18 months now. Great for the motorhome as its small and very portable, but still performs like a windows laptop or tablet when disconnected. It originally had Win 8, since then 8.1 and now win 10. All very good. Concept is great!

Still need a bigger machine for general home use though.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
What great reviews....... I wonder if they would run my Bernina ART program........... (it's for my embroidery machine that needs a laptop to process the artwork and convert it to an XY stitch out format - newer machines have the processor built on and you use a memory card with the designs)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Looks a good tablet for the money, only thing that let's it down I my opinion is the screen resolution of 1280 x 800.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
That looks good, proper W10 not fake windows as some early windows tabs were.

It's a proper laptop but lacking hard drive storage so can't quite be used as a proper laptop.

OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
My tablet turned up on Christmas Eve after all (thanks Amazon) so I have had a chance to play.

Very impressed so far, works really well and seems well built.

I did have an issue with the screen rotation - kept insisting on switching to portrait format but a quick google said that an update to Windows 10 fixes it which it has.

I have downloaded a 3D modeling program I use which is often a bit flakey but it installed and works fine.

My tablet was delivered by DPD, very clever that you can track your parcel and see on a street map where the delivery van is and how many more drops before its your turn.

Paul

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Just had one bought me for xmas. Early days but seems to work very well and quick enough.
Although it did take an hour to download the latest version of Windows 10.

It's a proper laptop but lacking hard drive storage so can't quite be used as a proper laptop.

Mine reads 28.6Gb of memory so I'm going to buy one of these SD cards for storing files and photos.
32Gb is a big as you can go and this is the fastest memory I could find.

Broken Link Removed

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Mine reads 28.6Gb of memory so I'm going to buy one of these SD cards for storing files and photos.
32Gb

I thought 64GB and 128GB were available now, so can't the tablet use these ?

28+32GB is not to be sneezed at 'till you start on movies.

OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
According to the Linx technical spec the tablet can only use up to 32gb micro sd card. Things change so quickly with these things I should imagine 64gb or 128gb would be fine.

OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Although it did take an hour to download the latest version of Windows 10.

Yes, mine took a long time too. Originally the download would not get past '1% complete'. Our friend Google came in useful again and I found out you have to create and sign in to a Microsoft account then download works fine.

Paul

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
According to the Linx technicalO SURE spec the tablet can only use up to 32gb micro sd card. Things change so quickly with these things I should imagine 64gb or 128gb would be fine.

No so sure - can you one buy a 128Gb and try it?
I set up an account straight away so no problem.

OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
There is a discussion on this forum about using 128gb micro sd cards, don't seem to be any problems. Also mentioned are 'fake' sd cards, I never knew such things existed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back