Do you have a Great Garage Storage Idea? (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
We are new to having a large garage and whilst it was important to us so we could store our full size bikes and we got a bespoke rack from the factory for that, we are looking to make the best use of its available space and walls with useful ways of creating storage options. Pictures of either your home made or purchased solutions that work for you in your garage would give us some options.
This is our first European so we are on a steep learning curve! Thanks and a Happy Christmas.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Watches post with interest!!

On the bike rack front, we use a couple of Rad Fazz rails. Drop the front wheels out, makes for more useable space.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Ah yes, the storage system. (n)
I'm my case I find shoving everything in till the door won't shut works for me(y) And when you open the door after a short drive it all falls out so you can see where everything it laid out before you :whistle:

This reply was brought to you by the ever helpful Badknee and the lack of caffeine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think we all have different storage requirements and different solution, I know some people just use the "pile it high" method. We have bikes, one tandem and two mountain bikes but we don't always take the mountain bikes so I like my solutions to be flexible and don't use dedicated bike racks, the tandem front wheel comes out and then I have a quick release sqewer fastened to the far wall of the garage that it just drops into and I then tie the rear of the bike to a rack I have built inside that allows access through the rear garage door to the wasted space behind the tandem so this is where the table and chairs goes and can be accessed at any time irrespective of what's in the garage. We have one side and one rear door so this dictates the design in a way but a lot of vans don't have this design, I know the new Flair doesn't.

I will take some photos one day.

Martin

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
If you fancy a bit of a drive you could head to the stellplatz at Bad Durrheim in southern Germany where they will fit storage boxes etc for you.

There are some details Broken Link Removed, the video explains all but its in German of course. Might give you some ideas.

Paul

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
If you fancy a bit of a drive you could head to the stellplatz at Bad Durrheim in southern Germany where they will fit storage boxes etc for you.

There are some details Broken Link Removed, the video explains all but its in German of course. Might give you some ideas.

Paul
I have justed watched the video seems a good idea I wonder if you can swop the green boxes for cases of beer.:)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
How about these.

upload_2015-12-22_10-24-13.png

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I think we all have different storage requirements and different solution, I know some people just use the "pile it high" method. We have bikes, one tandem and two mountain bikes but we don't always take the mountain bikes so I like my solutions to be flexible and don't use dedicated bike racks, the tandem front wheel comes out and then I have a quick release sqewer fastened to the far wall of the garage that it just drops into and I then tie the rear of the bike to a rack I have built inside that allows access through the rear garage door to the wasted space behind the tandem so this is where the table and chairs goes and can be accessed at any time irrespective of what's in the garage. We have one side and one rear door so this dictates the design in a way but a lot of vans don't have this design, I know the new Flair doesn't.

I will take some photos one day.

Martin
Thanks Martin, I do have a side door on each side.

Paul
Paul I have a similar box system in the space under the bed but the rear wall is more suited to some hanging type storage. If I placed boxes on the opposite wall it would block access to those boxes. I will take some pictures today.

Landyguy

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2013
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Serrano
Exp
newbie from caravan - 5yrs now
have a look at some of the Hymer adverts for the duo-mobile and some show a useful garage storage set up that are on rails and slide out - also bike racks that slide out -
Look very nice but imagine they are costly. Lottery win I imagine.:xgrin:

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
I eased our storage problem by making a shelf about 8" from the top of the garage. It' about 2/3s the width and is on runners so it slides back and forth to make access easy from both sides and lockable from oneside to stop it sliding around when we're travelling.
We keep things like folding tables, windscreen covers etc up there.
It works well for us
image.jpeg

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I lined the floor of ours with some of that groundsheet matting that has holes in it to let grass grow through it. Stops stuff sliding around, but still lets you see if something's leaked, like a bottle, or worse still, a pipe.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011

Paul

Really!!!:swear2:

Is there some kind of unofficial competition to see who can carry the most crap in their MH
Is it all just in case of emergency's - or you just can't manage with out it for a few weeks?
Be honest - how much of it is actually see's the light of day during your average trip away?
I really don't know how we survive, we have a large under bed locker but it is mostly always half empty.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back