Changes to blue badge scheme? (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Was told today the scheme is changing so only those received the highest rate of mobility allowance will be entitled to a blue badge in the future.

Has anyone else heard this or seen anything on it as I am having trouble finding anything?

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
I believe that these changes were mooted and implemented by some councils but there has been a directive from the govt that this practice is too restrictive and that it will have to be changed again.....will try to find the info I read on it. My partners badge is up for renewal this September and with severe arthritis and congestive cardiac failure she really needs it, but has never claimed DLA so would be turned down on that basis. Apparently it all happened when social services took over from the GPs re the assessments for Blue Badges.

:Eeek:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I believe that these changes were mooted and implemented by some councils but there has been a directive from the govt that this practice is too restrictive and that it will have to be changed again.....will try to find the info I read on it. My partners badge is up for renewal this September and with severe arthritis and congestive cardiac failure she really needs it, but has never claimed DLA so would be turned down on that basis. Apparently it all happened when social services took over from the GPs re the assessments for Blue Badges.

:Eeek:

Off subject, apologies, your call sign is interesting, I lived untill 10 years ago 5 miles from the Welsh town of Mold. Is there any connection with your call sign?

Doug... GW0UXX 73

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Off subject, apologies, your call sign is interesting, I lived untill 10 years ago 5 miles from the Welsh town of Mold. Is there any connection with your call sign?

Doug... GW0UXX 73

Nooo, nothing so complicated....its an M<zero>callsign and my initial and first part of surname are LDU :roflmto:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
I haven't heard of the Blue Badge being restricted only to DLA Higher Mobility Allowance - but in this month's 'Mobilise' magazine it was reported that several councils around the Country were giving Blue Badges to ANYBODY over the age of 80.

Mobilise jumped in to 'protect' the blue badge and a directive has now gone Nationwide from the Government - that Blue badges are only to be given to accredited 'disabled' people.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back