LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
The near side rear tail light and n/s roof marker light have gone off both bulbs ok I have looked in the book but can not see a fuse it would seem there is a separate control unit for the side lights not really sure where this is located but would assume that it would self reset after a problem, all other side and marker lights work fine. When I put a 12v feed to the rear of the bulb holder both side and roof light come on it looks like I could have a broken feed to the rear n/s tail light the van is 4 years old any one else had a similar experience
Fiat Ducato base

Deleted User
I have had an issue similar to yours, it was due to water ingress at the rear of the light unit on our 7 series Rapido. I seem to recall it took out the number plate light as well. The ingress rotted away one of the connections at the rear of the bulb holder, maybe it will be worth tracing the cables back and periodically testing for power.

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks mickyc number plate lights are ok and all bulb holders look to be good I am thinking it may be further along the chassie possibly a plug or something being a tag its bound to have a join some where

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
There was a post on here a few days ago with exactly this fault. The problem was a connector under the rear of the MoHo that was open to the elements and water splashed from the rear wheel.

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I hear what you say Mike but the brake filament of the same bulb works fine.I am pretty certain it will be a plug/socket under the van in a very awkward place :)

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
UPDATE Rear lights now working the fault was a poor connection in a multi pin socket located above the rear axels after all you can expect a bit of corrosion on a four year old vehicle! in the end I took it to Camper UK as it was near impossible to get at on the ground. It still took them three hours up on a ramp to find and re wire/bypass

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
UPDATE Rear lights now working the fault was a poor connection in a multi pin socket located above the rear axels after all you can expect a bit of corrosion on a four year old vehicle! in the end I took it to Camper UK as it was near impossible to get at on the ground. It still took them three hours up on a ramp to find and re wire/bypass
:xThumb: Glad you got it sorted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back