Motorhome Wifi (1 Viewer)

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Where our RV is usually located we have failed to get any 3G/ 4G coverage (very little phone signal except for Vodafone) we have tried 02, Vodafone & 3, A family member has an EE mifi box which I borrowed to give it a try, indoors I got a one bar 3G signal and 0.5mb speed not a lot but I was online, having seen other threads on 'Fun about Motorhome Wifi I gave Adam a ring to see if any of there products could help in improving the EE signal, he gave me the advice of going up on the roof of the RV and positioning the EE mifi unit in different locations to see if there was any improvement in signal strength & speed, placing the unit at the rear speed increased to 2.0mb moving to the front I ran a speed test app 10 times each time getting between 7 - 10mb with 3G signal, A call back to Adam with the results saw the recommendation of the 3G/4G Pack 2 the unlocked Mifi unit with a 4G mimo antenna, with next day delivery it was here Friday and a good forecast I was up on the roof fitting today, up and running minutes after finishing I was getting a 4G signal and a steady 10mb speed, Result !!!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Where our RV is usually located we have failed to get any 3G/ 4G coverage (very little phone signal except for Vodafone) we have tried 02, Vodafone & 3, A family member has an EE mifi box which I borrowed to give it a try, indoors I got a one bar 3G signal and 0.5mb speed not a lot but I was online, having seen other threads on 'Fun about Motorhome Wifi I gave Adam a ring to see if any of there products could help in improving the EE signal, he gave me the advice of going up on the roof of the RV and positioning the EE mifi unit in different locations to see if there was any improvement in signal strength & speed, placing the unit at the rear speed increased to 2.0mb moving to the front I ran a speed test app 10 times each time getting between 7 - 10mb with 3G signal, A call back to Adam with the results saw the recommendation of the 3G/4G Pack 2 the unlocked Mifi unit with a 4G mimo antenna, with next day delivery it was here Friday and a good forecast I was up on the roof fitting today, up and running minutes after finishing I was getting a 4G signal and a steady 10mb speed, Result !!!
That's been been my experience too, both moving the MiFi or the external aerial just a short distance can make a big difference to reception.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Can't but agree, even a cheap Amazon antenna and some expermentation makes an amazing difference. Here at work I have no access to the fibre link when I'm in my flat. Huawei mifi on 3 gives 1 bars 3g. Same with antenna 5 bars and 11 megs download and nearly 2.5 up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back