Fiat judder: new gearbox fitted by Peugeot (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I read in the MMM that at least one guy has had a new gearbox fitted by Peugeot under warranty and the new box has a lower revers gearing.

The bad news was the Fiat are still in denial.

Doug...

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
Thats might be true for ONE Peugeot owner BUT not for all they have done NOTHING unlike Fiat who do seem to want to help their customers.
I am a Peugeot customer!!
Do not believe all you read there have been many untrue stories in a few mags.

passionwagon

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
somewhere in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
lo profile
Exp
I posted this early April-
Peugeot Judder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My May 2007 2.2 Hdi 6 speed Autocruise Stardream has just been returned after having the reverse gear and clutch replaced-this is a 17 hour warranty task!!!! No more judder!
The Peugeot dealer also fitted a drip tray to the centre of the scuttle with a long rubber tube to take away any seepage from the centre join in the scuttle.
Took opportunity for the first service ( year 2 for Peugeot and they aslo greased the Alko rear chassis points (2). Excellent job all promises kept, very pleasent staff.
For the record the judder problem has only required me to ask the dealer once who contacted Peugeot for them to have a field engineer to confirm judder and authorise.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
...My May 2007 2.2 Hdi 6 speed Autocruise Stardream has just been returned after having the reverse gear and clutch replaced-this is a 17 hour warranty task!!!! No more judder!
The Peugeot dealer also fitted a drip tray to the centre of the scuttle with a long rubber tube to take away any seepage from the centre join in the scuttle.
Took opportunity for the first service ( year 2 for Peugeot and they aslo greased the Alko rear chassis points (2). Excellent job all promises kept, very pleasent staff.
For the record the judder problem has only required me to ask the dealer once who contacted Peugeot for them to have a field engineer to confirm judder and authorise....

Your very lucky then for over 18 months I have telephoned,e-mailed and wrote letters but mine is a 5 speed.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi all

I tried to book my Autocruise Starburst in for the 'judder' to be remedied today. The dealer, Robins and Day of Sheffield told me that they could complete a computer download "which was a first fix" but not do the gearbox. As it is quite a trail into Sheffield we said we would wait until the decision had been made before taking Moby in to be fixed.

The service manager explained that Peugeot were having a meeting to discuss the problem and come up with a solution which would then be put out to all the dealers. He could not tell me when the meeting was being held.

Does anyone know who I can contact at Peugeot to try and speed things up.

In the past Robins and Day have been very good indeed and we have no complaints about them at all, this time it appears they are waiting for the go ahead.

Ginny

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Judder

Read in Mag that the 2.3 Fiat & Peugeot has been discontinued. So obviously they are in trouble leaving the poor customers in the air and possibly any future buyers of this range in the old proverbial.

Ron W

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
In one of the mags fiat say there is no problem with the 160 multijet,they are lying.
Dave

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Why oh why are people still buying these blighted vans?
I am still reading of 2009 vans juddering, stop buying them then see the progress.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
...My May 2007 2.2 Hdi 6 speed Autocruise Stardream has just been returned after having the reverse gear and clutch replaced-this is a 17 hour warranty task!!!! No more judder!
For the record the judder problem has only required me to ask the dealer once who contacted Peugeot for them to have a field engineer to confirm judder and authorise....

Where is your Peugeot dealer?? I cant understand why we all have to fight individual battles with Peugeot, if there is a fault it should be remedied. When you have a fault on a car they are all recalled, it is a shame it cant be the same for motorhomes.

Our warranty runs out in November, we have logged the fault with the dealer, should we log it with Peugeot?

What happens if they decide to do a recall and it is after the warranty runs out??

Ginny and Mike

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, when at Carlops CL site (hardstanding) our x250 juddered severly when backing on. There was a slight uphill slope.
Just got van back from North East Trucks who have fitted new engine mounts and tie bar.
When we got back to our storage there is a slope about twice as severe as Carlops so tried it a few times. No judder :Eeek:
Still a bit fast when clutch fully released but out of curiosity tried the same in the car and it's just as fast.
When trying the van out I couldn't make it judder.
North East Trucks say that when we've been to Mythholmeroyd (again a CL) all grass with quite severe slopes in places I have to ring and if there is still a problem then they will do the clutch and flywheel and as a last resort a lower ratio reverse gear.
So far well pleased but I will keep you updated. Off to Mythholmeroyd at end of this month. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
if there is still a problem then they will do the clutch and flywheel and as a last resort a lower ratio reverse gear. :thumb:

Do you think they are making work for themselves ?

Surely a gearbox out and a clutch flywheel share common work.

You NEED that reverse gear for best residual value.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Do you think they are making work for themselves ?

Surely a gearbox out and a clutch flywheel share common work.

You NEED that reverse gear for best residual value.

Apparently it's the order Fiat say the work must be done. For an example the garage is only supplied with the parts for each stage. Personally I'm not bothered as long as it doesn't judder. ::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Apparently it's the order Fiat say the work must be done. For an example the garage is only supplied with the parts for each stage. Personally I'm not bothered as long as it doesn't judder. ::bigsmile:

ken, How come you have had so much success when others have failed?

It seems that your garage are willing to do the work where others are refusing point blank? have you any explanation for this?

just a watcher me and interested.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
ken, How come you have had so much success when others have failed?

It seems that your garage are willing to do the work where others are refusing point blank? have you any explanation for this?

just a watcher me and interested.

I have followed the thread on Out and about and on the darkside (tho I can't post on there) and have never heard of a garage refusing to do the work? I reported mine to Fiat some time ago. A couple of weeks ago I got a call from Fiat asking for my nearest dealer. They then got in touch last week to say that Fiat had sent them the parts and when could I take the van in. They have done two other vans one successfully and they were awaiting a report from the other, mine was one of four they had in on Tueday. I posted the result as I found it to be so far as it was something positive to give hope to others. I know the strength of feeling around the subject and for some Fiat cannot do right but I can only speak as I find. :Smile:

I have named the garage and what I say can be verified by a simple phone call. This company is the main Fiat and Iveco agent in the North East

Last edited:

passionwagon

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
somewhere in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
lo profile
Exp
I posted this early April-
Peugeot Judder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My May 2007 2.2 Hdi 6 speed Autocruise Stardream has just been returned after having the reverse gear and clutch replaced-this is a 17 hour warranty task!!!! No more judder!
For the record the judder problem has only required me to ask the dealer once who contacted Peugeot for them to have a field engineer to confirm judder and authorise.

:thumb:Me again to tell you we have returned from a 2400 mile continental trip up hill down hill forwards and backwards. No problems except smashed o/s mirror on temporary road marker-my fault. New one fitted today in KL.

The Peugeot dealer is Peugeot Kings Lynn Norfolk:Smile:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Copied from another place

i have just had fiat recall work done it start off with 3 mountings upper and lower gear box mounts and 1 engine mount at the min all is ok no thud on start up like last time i think its spot on now but need a big bank to test it out

must add no judder yet</SPAN>

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back