Michelin agilis V Continental vanco (1 Viewer)

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I've tried both & prefer the Continental (Vanco 2 four season).

Peter A Forbes

Free Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rushden, Northants, UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 614D
Exp
10+
Vanco on the front, Yokohama's on the back :)

We run Conti's on our Renault vans as well.

Not that keen on Michelin.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Do like the Michelin but when the current front pair wear out I'm gonna try the Vanco 2 four season on the front.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I'm not really sure how to comment :unsure: as I have Conti's on the front and Mich's on the back!

This came about because when the front Conti's needed replacement I had them replaced with the (only half worn rears) and the new Mich's put on the back. The idea being that if I want to use 'M+S' marked tyres then when the fronts are a bit more worn I replace them with the Conti's

Or........... to be honest.............

It seemed a good idea at the time :rolleyes:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Very happy with our Michelin after changing from Cont. Noise and ride seem better.

Aghh you've put me off now I really like the Michelin they're quiet and smooth and very good in snow mud and wet grass?
But I keep reading that Vanco are better or is it just because they're cheaper.
Confused :xdoh:
Perhaps I'll stick with Michelin.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Vancos for me - just ordered a set, they're currently on offer from Kwikfit. Been using them almost as long as we've had the van.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Aghh you've put me off now I really like the Michelin they're quiet and smooth and very good in snow mud and wet grass?

The Michelin are marked M&S and our front wheel drive Rapido/Fiat 3.8 ton A class reversed up a wet grassy slope to get out of a canal side pitch with no slipping. I was a little apprehensive but I gave it almost no throttle, just enough to prevent a stall and let the engine do its own thing. I don't say they are infallible but I was impressed and relieved. Particularly as the next pitch to us had quite deep tyre marks where someone had obviously had trouble slipping as they reversed out.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp

The reason for changing from Michelin camper to Continental Vanco All Season was the Michelins were rubbish in mud/wet grass.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
The reason for changing from Michelin camper to Continental Vanco All Season was the Michelins were rubbish in mud/wet grass.
I think this really has to be an individual call............ I have read many good reports about the Mich's :eek:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
I suppose that depends on which Michelins they were and what year they were, Mine were Agilis camper, latest design. I had read the previous ones weren't so good though.

All I remember is they were round & black with Michelin & Camping on the side, very deep tread which quickly filled with mud resulting in zero traction.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

Mmmm can't agree my van is a fwd 5 tonne tag axle Fiat running at 4750kgs most of the time and as I said earlier on Michelins is very good in snow, mud and wet grass.
Think I'll stick with them done 70000 miles and never got stuck once.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
There are reviews all over re michelin and continental tyres.
Much of a muchness in my opinion.
I personally prefer continental fourseasons 2 on the mh .. (but michelin on the car)
I find the continentals to have less road noise and feel firmer at the correct pressures.
Each to their own though

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Have changed this year from Vanco to michelins and they are much better. Much better than the Vanco in wet grass and quieter too.
I have done the same, michelins win hands down. I only bought michelin due to getting them cheap, but thet are excellent

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back