water water but not a drop to drink (1 Viewer)

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
over weekend my water stopped flowing on my Burstner T 821 Delfin I first notice while trying to flush loo nothing happened. tried shower bathroom sink tap and kitchen tap nothing. I checked fuses made sure water was full etc pump isnt trying to pump, gave leads a wiggle etc. So I am thinking pump has died possibly I can get to the pump once I have drained down tank ok. But a snag I can forsee is I cant find and connection for its wiring it just dissapears.
So I am asking you good people for your ideas opinions please how can I figure this out ?
Thanks in advance Paul

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
You really need to be 100% sure there's power going to the pump before you start ripping it out Paul. A loose connection or another fuse somewhere might have gone.
Good luck:xThumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I was gonna suggest checking there is actually voltage at the pump.
Use a couple of pins to poke through the sheathing ..

As to the electrical connection if it IS the pump.. not a problem at all.
Just cut the wires and join on to the tails left

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I think I'll turn all electric off chop wires then test. I will look for a join but I don't think I'll find it easily. That way of it is pump I can Re join new pump there. And then carry new pump Just in case.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Well that didnt go to well I drained tank and took a few bits apart and found the pumps join in wire it had been done before by looks of things. Tried banging pump around etc no luck so then I removed pump 1st problem I snapped one way valve i think its part of pump :mad: I then took pump and put it direct to battery bingo it works so put back on and tried all taps and toilet flush nothing. tried a bulb on wires nothing :(

Double checked fuses and tried looking for other wires but its just a maze of wires I cant figure out what is what I also got wife to turn taps on off and listened to ebox no noises at all should I hear a solanoid ?
only trace of wire i can find is in the toilet cassette cupboard where toilet cassette is wired in I wouldnt know where to begin here though I will post a picture of connection.

So apart from scream I really dont know what to do next so HELP please

pic of pump I have snapped top off

Screenshot 2015-12-14 at 8.41.02 PM.png

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Oh forgot this is the toilet connection the green purple and pink wires have thetford written on them

IMG_20151214_193712 (1).jpg

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
What a plonka I wont go into detail but schoolboy error and lesson learnt :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back