Anyone been to Brugge Aire recently? (1 Viewer)

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Hello All,

Last time I went there the service point was in very poor condition... no water as I remember... and they were charging full price.

Does anybody have a recent update?

We're off to Brugge on Wednesday for a few days.

Mike

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Was fine last I was there October
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
G7UXG
Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Thanks Andy, looks like they've changed the service point. It was one that you had to put a coin in to lift a roller shutter door, even to get to the chemical disposal.

Needless to say, the door was often forced and broken

Cheers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
was there this morning I used that point to dump my cassette but I didnt see fresh water hose the yellow hose in pic is now on top. the coach park had water you pay for. I parked in the Aire across road and that has no toilet dump but a grey waste grate and water at 50c 100 litres get there early at around 1pm I got last spot saturday.

Crusty jack

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 640
Exp
Since1994
Beautiful Brugge, we often refer to it as our second home, albeit an expensive aire. Toby Trux.

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
Is it worth the difference from camp Memling? Memling was €52 for 2'for 3'nights - walkable to town and new facilities.
If you go there are 2 restaurants worth trying - "pro deo" in laangtraat - small welcoming good Jazz and a great steak, and "De Stove" near main square - great food and need to book. Only one waitress and one cook with fresh cooking so don't be in a hurry.
For lunch we ate in the fish restaurant by the small fish market - excellent.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
I am pretty sure the parking on the other side of the road (the left as you approach from the Train Station) has fresh water. We used that side last Winter and did not go across to the other side.

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
What does the 5o euro verloren ticket get you?
Any wifi points around the aire?

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
The missus can't walk far and the aire very close to the old town which is adequate for us so was looking forward to it but it is ME that needs wifi to contact family over XMAS, anybody found a connection with a booster at the aire?

RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
was there this morning I used that point to dump my cassette but I didnt see fresh water hose the yellow hose in pic is now on top. the coach park had water you pay for. I parked in the Aire across road and that has no toilet dump but a grey waste grate and water at 50c 100 litres get there early at around 1pm I got last spot saturday.

We stayed friday and saturday night this weekend,we thought it was a great place to park
We also parked on the Aire across the road,no toilet dump which was a bind carrying it across the road but we managed to get free water somehow !!!!
I would recommend it to anybody great place to stay :)

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
We stayed friday and saturday night this weekend,we thought it was a great place to park
We also parked on the Aire across the road,no toilet dump which was a bind carrying it across the road but we managed to get free water somehow !!!!
I would recommend it to anybody great place to stay :)

I was there sat night in corner by the Concorde did you see poor fella with Cathargo and his poorly step ?

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
We were there on Friday night, watched a guy with an English registered Pilote go back and forth with two plastic gerry cans to the tap in the photo. Wouldn't fancy it myself but each to their own. We visited the ice sculpture as the last time we saw ice sculptures at Brugge they were fantastic, unfortunately this year's was a total rip off, so would not recommend. One other thing to remember is to pay at the building before you exit as the exit only reads the tickets.

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Just come back from Brugge this morning, but stayed in a hotel for a long weekend.
Its nowhere near as nice as Ghent, and the christmas market is tiny,,,both of them.

Even the chocolate isn't made in Brugge, it all comes from switzerland, exactly the same as Ypres,or ghent, or brussels or even Aldi.
There's only one shop in brugge which actually makes it's own chocolate,,,or so we was told by a local.

RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
I was there sat night in corner by the Concorde did you see poor fella with Cathargo and his poorly step ?

Yes i watched him bend them !!!!!!
He wasn't a happy chap when he was jumping up and down on them trying to straighten them.:xangry:
I would't want the repair bill for them ££££££ :cry:
We was parked opposite the water tap in a 08 Elddis :xThumb:

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Yes i watched him bend them !!!!!!
He wasn't a happy chap when he was jumping up and down on them trying to straighten them.:xangry:
I would't want the repair bill for them ££££££ :cry:
We was parked opposite the water tap in a 08 Elddis :xThumb:

mmmm didnt look good I see him trying to fix them in the dark think its safe to say he failed and I thought I had problems

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Was in Brugge with MH early October....nice place for sure but wouldn't be in a hurry to go back.....too many damn tourists:)

RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
Just come back from Brugge this morning, but stayed in a hotel for a long weekend.
Its nowhere near as nice as Ghent, and the christmas market is tiny,,,both of them.

Even the chocolate isn't made in Brugge, it all comes from switzerland, exactly the same as Ypres,or ghent, or brussels or even Aldi.
There's only one shop in brugge which actually makes it's own chocolate,,,or so we was told by a local.
Pp

Is there a Aire for parking in Ghent,the same as Brugge ??

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Ghent has an Aire by the leisure centre, an area in the car park it's free, nearby tram stop, has a dump point but no water. Dump point is to the east of the Motorhome parking area on the grass, metal cover with lever to open, we would not have known it was there if we had not seen someone else using it.

51.037264, 3.767010

There are a couple of other Aires on Campingcar infos, but they are virtually roadside parking by the yacht basins.

Last edited:

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
Change of plan yet again, SHMBO says Brugge, so I will be buying a data sim locally, one more question any funsters have any experience of how busy the aire gets 22/23 Dec?

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I would think very busy i have never seen it not fill up

Join us or log in to post a reply.