Thoughts on the best Satnav app (1 Viewer)

Bill and Shell

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Just wondering what peoples experiences are with Satnav apps used on an iPhone.
Ive tried both co-pilot and navmii, preferring the co-pilot so far as you can enter co-ordinates.
Does anybody have any other recommendations?

Billy

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Billy

A year ago I would have said TomTom but have been using CoPilot recently and thinks it's OK, most likely better than TT actually.

Martin

OP
OP
Bill and Shell

Bill and Shell

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Just another quick copilot question, when on RV mode, does anyone know what dimensions that caters for?

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Copilot for us dumped the Garmin all Copilot now.
Don't know Rv dimensions but we're 7.7L never got close to an issue.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
'Here maps' on all platforms, free ,get you anywhere, use nothing else all over Europe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
PCPro tested satnavs & software this month. TomTom tops for both IPhone/pad and Android.

Diesel

Free Member
Oct 7, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
im a newbie
'Here maps' on all platforms, free ,get you anywhere, use nothing else all over Europe.

Liking here maps too ....think here + Tesco huddle might be our chosen option for MH :)

Also trying out Waze.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just another quick copilot question, when on RV mode, does anyone know what dimensions that caters for?

I don't think there are any specific dimensions unless you spend a lot more money and get the truck version, but it does route on more major roads compared to the same destination in TomTom.

Martin

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Free to use even off line after downloading maps, used it to get round Europe/Morocco maps.me excellent

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've used TomTom on a tablet and it is a 'cut down' version of the dedicated TomTom unit software so don't expect it to be the same. It also has a nasty habit of crashing/freezing which is a b*gger. We're now 'testing' another tablet sat nav software app:

http://www.sygic.com/

We nearly bought a Hudl 2 to run it on but it's a bit big at 8" so hubby decided to get a cheapo Chinese one which came a week or so ago and is a lovely thing - just the perfect size - not too big for putting on the dash or carrying around, but big enough to use for internet etc, a big bonus is that it's a phablet so we can put a phone sim in too which 'can' help with TomTom sat nav if you use it (it can use the sim's network to improve the gps somehow ... don't know how but it DOES help). He likes it so much he's ordered another one so we'll have one each (and it'll be a back-up for the first for sat nav so we can sell the dedicated TomTom units).

Broken Link Removed

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I used sygic on my 'phablet' for 2 years or so but in the end I got fed up with it either trying to send me the wrong way or with software conflicts.

Got a nice 'proper' TomTom sat nav now :D The software is more sophisticated and the program is easier to use.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back