Intelsat 907 (1 Viewer)

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
I have heard that BBC and ITV channels can be picked up all over Spain with an 85cm dish on the Intelsat 907 satellite. Can anyone enlighten me please

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I thought I would tack onto this thread as it takes the question a step further and maybe to the result s20Hymer wanted?
I am at La BellaVista at the moment and there are circa 20 annual Brits here with SAT TV on the intelsat 907. A local guy, installs the dish (fixed), appropriate box and all for Euro 3-400. So there is a possibility that a mobile solution can achieve a result. The 3 hurdles are first aligning your dish, my Oyster has a manual set up procedure the menu for which I have looked at. The second is that the "box" can receive symbol rate 44100, which apparently your average Humax etc cannot. My Oyster has its own box but I have yet to determine if it has the correct symbol rate. The codes and their insertion will be last hurdle, these are available on the net but how they are entered is something to learn.
So has anyone successfully hooked onto 907 with a mobile dish setup and can share some input?
PS I have read up on the imminent (2016) likely moving of the service but as no equipment needs to be purchased then I thought I might as well investigate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
s20hymer
Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
I have researched further into this, my Oyster dish is not compatible because it is twin skew lnb, it needs to be a non-skew dish and you need to manually turn the lnb to 20 past to receive Intelsat 907 which needs to be turned back manually if you ant to return to Astra. Therefore I bought an Icecript 1600 receiver from ebay, this will reach the parameters required & take the Biss codes for the incription. I need to buy a freestanding 1 metre dish to use the Icecript receiver. So.....I will watch Sky programmes on the Oyster with my sky box, and hopefully watch BBC etc on the Icecript. A lot of people will read this & say do without, but my wife likes to watch Emmerdale, and her being my social secretary I feel obliged to obey.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Thats interesting. I have the SAT internet Oyster, which uses a single LNB with motorised skew, I can watch TV OR receive SAT internet but not both at the same time. I have an issue with Oyster UK at the moment over the modem power supply so I will add this query to the discussion. Thanks for the feed back.

Nov 12, 2010
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
5 Years
I have researched further into this, my Oyster dish is not compatible because it is twin skew lnb, it needs to be a non-skew dish and you need to manually turn the lnb to 20 past to receive Intelsat 907 which needs to be turned back manually if you ant to return to Astra. Therefore I bought an Icecript 1600 receiver from ebay, this will reach the parameters required & take the Biss codes for the incription. I need to buy a freestanding 1 metre dish to use the Icecript receiver. So.....I will watch Sky programmes on the Oyster with my sky box, and hopefully watch BBC etc on the Icecript. A lot of people will read this & say do without, but my wife likes to watch Emmerdale, and her being my social secretary I feel obliged to obey.
Sorry to contradict but you have exactly the right dish to receive the Intelsat 907, it is precisely the eutoskew that makes it achievable, don't know who told you all this twaddle, probably trying to sell you something.
With the s1600 you have chosen the right receiver; this setup is exactly what I have and it works great.
If you want any tips on set up drop me a pm

OP
OP
s20hymer
Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
hya oldfozzie, I was in Spain earlier this year, a chap came round to our site, fitted his biss encrypted box to 4 oyster systems with fixed lnb which he had to change to twenty past ..all work well cost 100euros....two of us had autoskew digital oysters and he tried for more than two hours to get them to work for another sale..he even rang for more info but no joy ..we were told that our software with auto skew was not compatible ..I would be very grateful for any tips and advice received..I did notice you had a mark 3 oyster. We are going south Spain in a few weeks and would like to win some brownie points if I could get Emmerdale.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Remember, viewing encrypted copyright content without permission is illegal.

It is not possible to purchase a legal subscription for the service. Any company or individual offering the service, is doing so without permission from the broadcasters and is breaking the law.

Wouldn't want to see any Funsters get their Motorhome confiscated ;)

POWERPLUS

Free Member
Dec 7, 2015
armacao de pera
Funster No
MH
swift 620fb
Exp
hi receiving in europe might not be a problem ay you are not in the uk

barry

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
How to receive UK TV on a normal size dish in Spain:

Since the big satellite TV switch-over in 2013 most UK ex-pats lost the ability to receive the main UK channels on their 1.2 metre parabolic dishes.
In my region of Spain a huge 1.9m prime focus dish is now required and in some areas of Spain a 3 metre dish is not sufficient! In Portugal 3 metres in smallest size.

Some people have found that there is a way to pick up UK TV by using their existing dishes. In fact, their existing 1.2 or 1.3 metre dishes are easily big enough to receive all their favourite channels in HD. In most of Spain an 80cm dish is sufficient to receive the signals from Intelsat 907 at 27.5ºW.

If you want to do this you will need to do the following things:

1. Get a new receiver to replace your Sky or Freesat box. It has to be a receiver that can handle the high Symbol Rate from Eutelsat AND be able to use “BISS” codes which decrypt the signals.

This Icecrypt S1600CHD satellite box from Amazon is one which will do the job: ( this is power by a 12volt supply.

You will need to obtain the BISS codes from the Internet and programme them into the receiver. The codes are changed about every 3 months (and are due changing in the next few weeks).
The receiver does not come with the codes already installed.

2. You need to move your dish to point to the satellite. The Azimuth is 218º and the elevation about 39º from the middle of Spain area. Your LNB “skew” should be about 29.1º clockwise
. (This is opposite to what you have had previously with Astra/Sky at 28.2E) You can go to dishpointer website to calculate your AZ/EL position, from wherever you are.
The channels available from this method are “Freeview” feeds to the UK used for earth stations if the terrestrial signals are disrupted for any reason. No one outside the UK has any authority or rights to watch the channels.
TV
BBC One
BBC Two
CBBC
BBC Three
CBeebies UK
BBC Four
BBC News
BBC Parliament
BBC Red Button 1
BBC One Wales
BBC One Scotland
BBC One Northern Ireland
ITV London
Channel 4 UK
RADIO
BBC Radio 1
BBC Radio 2
BBC Radio 3
BBC Radio 4
BBC Radio 5
BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra
BBC 6 Music
BBC Radio 4 Extra
BBC 1Xtra
BBC Asian Network
BBC World Service UK

Of course, you don’t have to do this job yourself, as there are many satellite installers in Spain who will be happy to do it for you, at a price, but this is for a FIXED dish

Moving your motorhome dish LNB “skew” is a pain because if you want to get back into astra UK means moving LNB again, and buying another receiver perhaps €100 to receive channels. I have done it here at home on a 90cm dish on tripod, but would not bother on the MH system. Most automatic systems will not have this satellite stored in the automatic locking menu.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
A friend of mine takes this satellite thing to the extremes: the dish does not move, but he has 16 satellites to tune into to...........
16up.jpg

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Remember, viewing encrypted copyright content without permission is illegal.

It is not possible to purchase a legal subscription for the service. Any company or individual offering the service, is doing so without permission from the broadcasters and is breaking the law.

Wouldn't want to see any Funsters get their Motorhome confiscated ;)
Bear this in mind

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
hi receiving in europe might not be a problem ay you are not in the uk

barry
The "UK" channels on intelsat are encrypted.
They are not for public use. And there are no official viewing cards available to view them
The only way to view them is to hack into them.
And as viewing encrypted content without the correct permissions / cards is illegal in the EU, it makes no difference if you are in the UK or Spain or wherever...

But you can receive it in most of western Europe on an 80-100cm dish...

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Since the big satellite TV switch-over in 2013 most UK ex-pats lost the ability to receive the main UK channels on their 1.2 metre parabolic dishes.

Don't think I would say "Most". Some yes, but not most.
And some can now receive it on smaller dishes.
In my region of Spain a huge 1.9m prime focus dish is now required
And in the Costa Blanca that was the norm for the last 15 plus years... And since the "1.2m" dishes that many people used to use were in fact measuring 1.4m in height, an extra 40cm may not make that much more of a visual impact.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back