Camping in Andalucia (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
First time in Spain in the MH going to take a week to drive down and stay for three weeks looking to stay between Murcia and Almerea going in July which we know not the best time hopefully book a couple of sites but also do a bit of touring would we get in at sites having not booked or are their any aires or does anybody wildcamp any advice please

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Not sure from your post if you have left for Spain yet, if not, buy edition 4 of All the Aires Spain and Portugal from Vicarious Books >>>>>>>> https://www.vicarious-shop.com/.

About now there should be no need to book sites as the Spanish high season is over. There may well be pockets where this is NOT the case, Benidorm for instance is pretty well packed out, but generally plenty of availability.

Have a look at this link for stopovers in Almeria, it is in Spanish but you should be able to get an idea from it regarding locations >>>>>>>>. Broken Link Removed it includes the popular Almerimar Marina.

Regards Bryan

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Duh!

Just reread the thread and clearly, you are NOT in Spain.!!!

Brings back to mind the advice by an old Form Master at exam time......... before answering "read the BL**DY
Question!!"

July visit makes a nonsense of my comments as that is bang in the high season and for preferred stops you should consider booking. Not possible of course for Aires, so pot luck applies there.

Bryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JBoy

Free Member
Jul 31, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since March 2013
Name of a couple of site worth looking at or you may already be aware of them.
1. www.campingcard.co.uk. ACSI books covering about 16 European countries and only 13.95 euros
2. Link Removed

We travelled down the coast from Valencia to Tarifa and mixed Aires, campsites and wild camping. This trip was in January 2014 and not as busy as it will be in July

1.Large ACSI site at Bolnuevo / Mazarron next to beach
2. Campsite El Quinto at Mojacar. 1.5 mile from the beach but next to the beautiful old town and definitely worth visiting. Have a l0ok on the internet.
3. Wild camping Agua Amarga. Great beach and having bacon butties for breakfast watching the tide was fantastic as our first true wild camping experience. There was a point for toilet disposal. Great spot
4. ACSI site at Cabo de Gato ( Almeria). I thought it was OK (7/10)but my wife did not like it.
5. Aire at Almerimar Marina. Reasonable cost with showers, hook up, water and toilet disposal. Many place to eat and supermarket close by.

Hope this is helpful.

JBoy

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
July?Spain?Motorhome?Wilding?Shade? 35°c?Crowds?Police? Just fill in the spaces, you might need to do some more research. Camperstopsierraespuna closes end of April, for some of the above reasons, guess which ones apply.
Hope you can find the holiday you want, we will, we are off to France, cooler there normally.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Name of a couple of site worth looking at or you may already be aware of them.
1. www.campingcard.co.uk. ACSI books covering about 16 European countries and only 13.95 euros
2. Link Removed

We travelled down the coast from Valencia to Tarifa and mixed Aires, campsites and wild camping. This trip was in January 2014 and not as busy as it will be in July

1.Large ACSI site at Bolnuevo / Mazarron next to beach
2. Campsite El Quinto at Mojacar. 1.5 mile from the beach but next to the beautiful old town and definitely worth visiting. Have a l0ok on the internet.
3. Wild camping Agua Amarga. Great beach and having bacon butties for breakfast watching the tide was fantastic as our first true wild camping experience. There was a point for toilet disposal. Great spot
4. ACSI site at Cabo de Gato ( Almeria). I thought it was OK (7/10)but my wife did not like it.
5. Aire at Almerimar Marina. Reasonable cost with showers, hook up, water and toilet disposal. Many place to eat and supermarket close by.

Hope this is helpful.

JBoy
Bet its as busy in Jan as July...lucky to find a pitch in Benidorm after xmas,,,BUSBY,

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
@sally47 We have been happily holidaying in Europe July/August for almost 30 years as my wife works in education..So no choice. I prefer it to be honest as weather more reliable, great atmosphere, sites not full of silver surfers/coffin knockers:D

Yes its busy, yes sites more expensive but with forward planning, driving down at night missing main traffic is fine...

I caution you regards Spain though. we tried it once and it was so unbearably hot you could not go on the beach. Thats why most expats leave during the summer..... France and Italy a far better bet! Plus you can get there in two days.....

Eddie

Deleted User
@sally47 We have been happily holidaying in Europe July/August for almost 30 years as my wife works in education..So no choice. I prefer it to be honest as weather more reliable, great atmosphere, sites not full of silver surfers/coffin knockers:D

Yes its busy, yes sites more expensive but with forward planning, driving down at night missing main traffic is fine...

I caution you regards Spain though. we tried it once and it was so unbearably hot you could not go on the beach. Thats why most expats leave during the summer..... France and Italy a far better bet! Plus you can get there in two days.....

Eddie

Oi!!!!.........I resemble that remark:xgrin:

Merry Christmas:xgrin:

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I don't think ACSI will be much use in July (n)

IF you live in Spain, you gradually acclimatize to the weather: we found 38deg to be quite pleasant and 28deg felt cool :xcool:
IF you are going just for a couple of weeks in the height of summer, prepare to be roasted.

Wildcamping is often acceptable in winter, but may be frowned upon when things get busy.

Enjoy - Gordon

PS Don't forget that toll prices go up every June to ensure "foreigners" pay as much as possible.

Costa Warrior

Free Member
Apr 15, 2012
Estepona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Its not just the "foreigners" who get stung by increased Summer prices. Most Spanish flock to the coastal resorts in July and August .

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
(n):xcool:

PS Don't forget that toll prices go up every June to ensure "foreigners" pay as much as possible.

Not a question of "foreigners", everybody pays inflated prices at holiday periods wherever you might be in the world, Spain is no different, Spain is no worse.
We are in London at the moment and this week are paying £110 for one week car hire. Phoned rental company this morning to extend hire for additional week "Certainly Sir" .............. Same car £256!!!!!!!!.
Christmas? Bah! Humbug!!:xrofl:
Bryan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back