Beware-egg throwing at windscreen (1 Viewer)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Beware, egg throwing at windscreen! A128, Essex !!!!

Driving motor home last night about 10pm, on A128, approaching A127, I passed a turning on the left, with a Car parked up.
It looked like a maroon 4 by 4, with people in the front and back.
I thought it was strange as was pouring with rain, and their rear offside window was open with arms hanging out.
Something was thrown at my windscreen, (i have an A class Hymer) but luckily, as it was raining, I could use the wipers to eventually clear it.
I pulled into a lay by on A127 behind a lorry to report to police.
They said when able, I should check vehicle and call them back.
I drove into well lit petrol station, and told cashier what I was doing and why.
On checking vehicle, I noticed egg shell, so that's what they threw.
I don't know if I was targeted as a motor home, and I can only assume they had a reason, possibly so I would stop to clear it up?? And who knows what could have resulted?
Even if there were 2 people in my van, there were 4 in the car,
Possibly trying to earn for Christmas??
Let's just say I was reduced to tears when I stopped, and hoped that they were not following me.
This is a first hand experience, so please share as a warning to others, and be extra extra vigilant and safe
:)

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Bet it was the Yobbo's from Warley...... They aren't so posh as they make out. Glad your OK Sue. X
:xThumb:
Nah - they all originated in Shoeburyness but have now emigrated to Warley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
This was happening around by us about 5 yrs ago, a 4x4 was driving around throwing eggs randomly at other cars/motorbikes just for the fun of it, i know as one was lobbed at me when i was on my motorbike, the egg hit the tail piece of the bike and then went all over my leathers, I followed the 4x4 around the roundabout via the traffic and while stationary at the lights i smashed their mirror in with the armor off my glove (fist) They were yelling and papping the horn etc but it was hard to tell who was inside as the windows were darkly tinted, i just took off and thought no more of it, but when i was cleaning it off my bike the egg had actually marked the paintwork.... about 6 months later it was in the local newspaper that this group of men/lads/girls were caught by police and took to court for this egg throwing as many people had reported it to the police, they were fined and forced to pay for the repairs to the peoples cars who had come forward..Why ? cos they're fkin idiots !

OP
OP
Theonlysue

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
This could be happening at a place near you, especially with Christmas coming up.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
This egg throwing lark has been used to get drivers to pull over on the motorways of Europe, egg hits windscreen, driver puts on wipers, egg smears across so driver cannot see, culprit pull up and assisted by others tries to help/ rob you.
Nice people, those that do this, thats why I carry a long socket wrench next to my seat. Have to check my nuts on a regular basis, officer, safety is important.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
This egg throwing lark has been used to get drivers to pull over on the motorways of Europe, egg hits windscreen, driver puts on wipers, egg smears across so driver cannot see, culprit pull up and assisted by others tries to help/ rob you.
Nice people, those that do this, thats why I carry a long socket wrench next to my seat. Have to check my nuts on a regular basis, officer, safety is important.
if it has a socket attached it a tool if no socket it's a weapon just like a hammer with out nails I carry a ball pine hammer in the door pocket and a few nails ops forgot abut it under my gloves
bill

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh heck Sue, no wonder you were shook up, not nice at all, glad your ok. x

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Apply for a shotgun certificate Sue, and keep a 12 gauge with you in the cab. The mere sight of such a weapon is enough to send your average scrote into a cardiac arrest. :xThumb::xThumb:

Aug 19, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Concord
Exp
Since 2009
A couple of years ago I bought a new car in the August ... some f*****g jealous yob threw an egg at the windscreen from a passing car - word of advice if this happens to you ... do not hit the wipers as the egg rapidly congeals on the windscreen so you cannot see and hitting the washers makes it worse !

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
So glad to hear you are safe and it came to nothing Sue, without wishing to scaremonger I do fear they had malicious intentions other than just being ar$eholes

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
So glad you are okay Sue and that you got to a safe place.

Had someone throw eggs and flour at our last house but three..... awful to try to clean up, especially as I have a problem with gluten. The culprits were caught and cautioned as we had CCTV.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
As I don't live far from that area. I drove up that road on Tuesday in my car after visiting a friend in Stanford-no-Hope.

I decided on the A128 then A127 (I was avoiding the A13 because of the road works, 50mph speed limit and Lakeside Christmas shoppers). Didn't see anything untoward, apart from a loon in a Transit who overtook me on a solid white line.

Glad you're ok @Theonlysue. Gits eh? Well done on not stopping there. I've had a look at my dashcam footage and didn't see anything parked near that junction. Thanks for the heads-up though.

James

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I go past there & back quite regularly going from Tilbury over to my Dad's in Romford, my son passes that spot to & from work everyday too, so based on never having seen or heard of anything like that before, it'd be my guess that it was someone playing silly buggers...

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
There are some real c&@ts out there, I've had bricks thrown off motorway bridges at me in the past, fortunately it hit the road in front of me and bounced up into the grille of my truck, truck drivers have died in the past from this, I didn't stop, just phoned the police, I never heard anything else about it so I guess they never caught them, but a follow up call would have been nice.

6 months in NI certainly trained me up for it, paint and petrol bombs were a daily inconvenience but no more than that in an armoured land rover

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I thought your experience rang a bell. This happened to several motorists when I lived in Dordogne. The aim seemed to be to get the car to stop...
Glad to hear you're ok, you did exactly the right thing carrying on to a well lit fuel station.

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi sue glad to hear your ok i live in the village opposite the motel,you say it was a maroon 4x4,can't be many of them about. Will keep a look out.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
As mentioned earlier, don't use your wipers if your winscreen gets egg in it. Pull over somewhere safe and wipe the egg off with a cloth / tissue.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We were 'egged' in a car park somewhere down south - can't remember where though I'm afraid, it was around 10.00-11.00 pm and we'd decided to stop for the night as we were travelling up from the Isle of Wight to the Western motorhome show at Malvern. It was simply a load of t*ssers in a car messing about but it was a b*gger to clean off as it was all over the overcab area!

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Nasty trick Sue - you acted VERY sensibly and glad you are OK.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If anybody is interested in buying some eggs, we have 12 chickens laying an egg each every day........... :whistle:
I'll have some ... do you do 'airmail' ... I suppose you'd need to wait for them to hatch first!

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
So we can watch out for them, where do you live??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back