French Riviera? In Jan/Feb? (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
All this talk (another thread) about Spain has set me thinking...........

The French Riviera, say from Marseilles to Monaco, looks interesting.......any one been there in winter? I know it won't be as warm as Spain but surely still mild and clement?

So many places, so little time :confused:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
On a really good day it would be around 13C and at night can get down to 3C or less depending on how close you are to the coast. We went to Monaco 2 years ago and if you want to go into a camp site close by it is around 28 euros a night...... needless to say we did not stay in Monaco.

Apr 27, 2012
Rushden, Northants
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
11 years
Its very nice and usually mild, but can also be very wet - as we were told "that's why we are so nice and green! - when we went 4 years ago. There are also not many campsites open at that time of year - we stayed near Biot at La Vieille Ferme which is Villeneuve-Loubet - not an ACSI site but very easy access by bus to the towns along the coast and near the railway station at Biot. We did Monaco by train from there. You can also go to the Menton Lemon Festival (mid Feb to early March) or the Nice Carnival (mid to end February) - both well worth a visit (but book a seat if you don't like standing for hours). If you decide to go, I am sure you will enjoy it.
Jim & Rosemary

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Best summed up as cold and wet.. 6 - 10 c .. a bit like Inverclyde in the summer .. only more exclusive :LOL:

go south young man..

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
What ! Noooooooooo, don't say that Jim. I was just leaning towards France....... (thinks.....Inverclyde but better food and wine........... hmm :rolleyes:)

Ah well, at least I have only another 4 weeks to worry about it :confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
What ! Noooooooooo, don't say that Jim. I was just leaning towards France.......
it can also be cold and wet in Spain in Jan-Feb .. even on the south coast..

best head for Morocco.. and as far south as you can.. .. ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back