Dog Friendly Motorhome Stops in Ski Resorts in Europe (1 Viewer)

Jackie.Kearley

Free Member
Dec 8, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi we are travelling across Europe visiting ski resorts from Jan 2016 and will be motorhoming our way around. We plan to stay in 'Aires' and the equivalent in Italy, Switzerland and Austria. We are looking for recommendations of best motorhome stopovers close to ski stations. We will also be travelling with our dog Willow and we are looking for dog friendly resorts where one of us can ski whilst the other one of us dogsits in a dog friendly watering hole slopeside preferably...unless anyone knows of a dog ski school or knows where we can take her skiing with us! Any advice welcome
icon_smile.gif

Jackie

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
stick willow on set of doggy ski,s im sure she will like it :xThumb: , used to take mine sailing with me

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Valloire is good. Aire at top lift at Les verneys where they fitted a new 6 seater lift last year takes you up to the slopes. Lovely walk along the river there used by walkers, nice bread shop that does food and drinks. Think there is a pizzeria up there in the season.
Snow and ice sculpture festivals are amazing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
. .unless anyone knows of a dog ski school or knows where we can take her skiing with us! Any advice welcome
icon_smile.gif

Jackie

Wow
Taking a dog skiing :xrofl:
Good luck with that one

Lots of people take dogs up to the lifts but I have never seen them on the slopes
Not sure how good the ice and snow would be for the dogs feet

Some one is going to recommend sallapets (spelling!?)for dogs, you watch:xeek:

OP
OP
Jackie.Kearley

Jackie.Kearley

Free Member
Dec 8, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for your comments. I've watched YouTube clips where people are skiing with their dogs but its probably somewhere like Alaska!
:xgrin:

Bill and Shell

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Hi Jackie,

We're in a similar position, heading to the slopes early next year with Brian (Springer) and our 2 year old in tow, not entirely sure how its going to work but where there's a will....

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Val Thorens!
You probably guessed it is a snow cannon behind her!

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We keep the walks short. Both the dogs get cold feet after about 40 minutes.
It's quite funny watching a Weimaraner trying to walk on two legs!
You can get winter boots for them but it would be £100 per dog and no guarantee they would get on with them.

DSC_1120.JPG

Bill and Shell

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I have no idea what a snow cannon is!!
I love your idea of a family day out though

OP
OP
Jackie.Kearley

Jackie.Kearley

Free Member
Dec 8, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ahh so lovely are you going to Val again thus year John and Shell where are you off to Bill and Shell? We've looked at the boots and might try them but she's never been too bothered when we've been out in the snow before so not sure she'll need them she does have a couple of stylish fleece jumpers:xThumb:

Attachments

• KINDLE_CAMERA_1393684790000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1393684790000.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 10

Bill and Shell

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
We're not sure yet Jackie, thinking possibly Granada first but we also quite like the sound of Jensen's suggestion.
We're planning to be travelling for a year so hoping to take in a few locations

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
we have been to a lot of resorts in France
and only used Aires. The French municipal Police are very keen that the dogs are on leashes at all times. Not found anywhere that the pooches can run alongside as we ski
Dogs do get sore foot pads especially if it's icy or if grit and salt has been used on the footpaths.

other than that having the pooches is fun

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Ahh so lovely are you going to Val again thus year John and Shell where are you off to Bill and Shell? We've looked at the boots and might try them but she's never been too bothered when we've been out in the snow before so not sure she'll need them she does have a couple of stylish fleece jumpers:xThumb:

Looking at the dire snowfall so far, we have already booked VT.
Experience tells us that all the high altitude resorts will be packed with skiers bussed in from snowless resorts.
We have booked our parking to ensure we have a place somewhere.
If the snow falls and we want to go elsewhere, it's not too much money to write off.

Aug 7, 2015
Highlands
Funster No
I think for the dogs safety that it would not be a good idea to take them skiing.
Just think of the idiots all around you and the near misses you have. Have seen it happen where a dog has been injured on the slopes, she was cut by the ski edge and it was her owners ski. Don't do it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back