Parking problems at the Mumbles S. Wales (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi all,

We were having a few withdrawal problems from our traveling so we decided to just have a little look around the local area for a few days.

One of the spots we visited was the Mumbles in Swansea Bay, I had just stopped in a car park and was looking at the pay-and-display instructions when a car park attendant called me to ask was this vehicle mine? Expecting to be told "You can't park that there" he said "if this is your vehicle sir then the ticket machine you want is over there".

It seems that there are 2 separate car parks right next to each other with NO indication of any difference or boundry.

He then went on to say "Look this car, it has a ticket on it from that car park there but I have to put a parking fine on it now" and he did!!!

Doug...
Roll on September when I can get out of this country again!!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I assume both car parks are owned by Swansea City Council, Doug.

Why not send them an e-mail pointing out the confusion and asking them to do somethng to prevent it?

If you don't want to do it yourself, send me the details of which the car parks are in a PM and I'll contact them.

Graham

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I assume both car parks are owned by Swansea City Council, Doug.

Why not send them an e-mail pointing out the confusion and asking them to do somethng to prevent it?

If you don't want to do it yourself, send me the details of which the car parks are in a PM and I'll contact them.

Graham
No! one was privately owned the other by the council, Link Removed the one that issued the fine was the private one.

The car-park/s were on the sea front along side the foot and tourist train path

Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
No! one was privately owned the other by the council, Link Removed the one that issued the fine was the private one.

The car-park/s were on the sea front along side the foot and tourist train path

Doug

Been away for a couple of days Doug so only just seen your post.

Unfortunately, not a lot that can be done in a case like that other than to lobby both owners to do something about it - I bet each would disclaim responsibility - and to be extra vigilant in reading signs (which applies to all car parks).

I'll put a note on my web site in support of the latter.

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back