Rapido - - - - - - - What a difference a couple of days make (1 Viewer)

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Carrying on from my previous thread 'Bloody Rapido'
On Thursday I sent an e-mail to Rapido in Mayenne and explained our problem and concern that it was going to take at least 6 weeks to get a replacement fresh water tank and also asked if they might have in stock a tank from a different model that could be fitted into our 7090.
This morning I receive an e-mail confirming that a replacement tank of a slightly different design that will fit our van is in stock and will be delivered to our repair shop shortly.
I've just spoken to the repair shop and the van is now booked in for the 4 January and we should be able to collect it on the 6th. So if all goes to plan our winter trip is back on schedule.

Thanks Rapido you're now our new best friends

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Let us know how you get on - hopefully it will arrive undamaged, and will fit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scattycat

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Let us know how you get on - hopefully it will arrive undamaged, and will fit
Oh cheer me up why don't you!

It should be okay, the repair shop we use is about a kilometer from the Rapido factory, plus, I found out today that the guy I contacted at Rapido is a friend of the chap that runs the repair shop, so if this goes wrong there's no hope for anybody else

LOL

OP
OP
Scattycat

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Carrying on from my previous thread 'Bloody Rapido'
On Thursday I sent an e-mail to Rapido in Mayenne and explained our problem and concern that it was going to take at least 6 weeks to get a replacement fresh water tank and also asked if they might have in stock a tank from a different model that could be fitted into our 7090.
This morning I receive an e-mail confirming that a replacement tank of a slightly different design that will fit our van is in stock and will be delivered to our repair shop shortly.
I've just spoken to the repair shop and the van is now booked in for the 4 January and we should be able to collect it on the 6th. So if all goes to plan our winter trip is back on schedule.

Thanks Rapido you're now our new best friends

So, who's a happy bunny now then?
Had a call from our repair people on Tuesday to say the replacement tank was now in and could we bring the van in on Wednesday?
Picked up today and all seems honky dory.
So, even our NY trip is back on.
It's so nice when things work out in your favour, it certainly makes up for all the negative stuff we've had to battle through over the past month or so.
For those coming across the water and heading to Portugal in early Feb. If you see a French reg. Rapido and the driver and passenger have big silly grins on their faces then give them a friendly wave it's probably us.
Merry Crimble one and all and safe travels

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back