LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Well courtesy of the weather I was without electricity for 30 hours. Not a problem really as have a gas hob so food and boiling water for a cup of tea was easily managed. However no phone or Internet connection meant I couldn't get my daily fix of the quiz - shock horror!!

Spent Sunday night outside the house in my van, heating and TV - what's not to like. Was feeling quite smug until I noticed a neighbour watching his huge 50" plasma TV; as I walked round the corner could hear a generator running in his back garden!!!

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
For some reason part of our village lost electricity late yesterday afternoon but it was only random properties... ours was on as was the neighbour on one side but my other side neighbour was off.
We couldn't see them huddled round a candle:xsad: so Max ran an extension lead round from our outside socket and they were able to have a lamp and tv and the kettle.....mind you I warned them if our leccy bill is sky high they have to pay it.:xrofl: As it was it was only off for a few hours but they were very grateful:xsmile:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Glad to hear you're back on line. We're all electric here so when our power goes we're stumped.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
For some reason part of our village lost electricity late yesterday afternoon but it was only random properties... ours was on as was the neighbour on one side but my other side neighbour was off.
We couldn't see them huddled round a candle:xsad: so Max ran an extension lead round from our outside socket and they were able to have a lamp and tv and the kettle.....mind you I warned them if our leccy bill is sky high they have to pay it.:xrofl: As it was it was only off for a few hours but they were very grateful:xsmile:
One of the phases must have tripped ,UK supply's come in three phase and neutral ,with each house having a single phase and neutral ,hence power drop every third home

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
One of the phases must have tripped ,UK supply's come in three phase and neutral ,with each house having a single phase and neutral ,hence power drop every third home
Well 3pm today the half of the village that had power yesterday went off ....one of the neighbours managed to find out that it could be back on by 10.30pm so it was candles out woodburner lit but just before six we were back on again. Well done the electricity company workers but I feel guilty that we have been restored and so many more in worse situations havn't .
I really feel for those that are flooded and no electricity at least we were warm and dry .

OP
OP
Cal54

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Well back again after another loss of signal. Electric went off again at 4pm last night and is still down, radio saying should be back this morning. Have however managed to get phone and Internet signal so must rush and do the quiz!!
Another night in the van, absolutely brilliant, even the dog heads back to the MH door rather than the house when he has been for a walk. Must get my backside out of bed though as I need to turn the heating down - such a hardship this life!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cal54

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Electric back on by 7.30. Had to dash into the house to switch the alarm off - whole estate sounds like a nightmare movie when there is a power cut.
Having said all that I am really grateful to the engineers who must have been working long hours to sort us all out. For me and my neighbours lack of power pales into insignificance when compared to those in Cumbria who are flooded out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back