Insurance,,,Safeguard (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Just had a quote for the motorhome i am possibly purchasing next week,,, i have only phoned safeguard so far but i am very happy with what i have been quoted.... £478.64 Fully comp...£4oo excess, £100 excess for unlimited windscreen cover,,AA recovery,homestart,recovery to uk etc,,all over europe.. 365 days cover for europe..to include £100,000 legal and medical costs,loss of work etc (providing its a non fault accident ) Now even though it was a hypethetical quote (dont know if i am buying it yet) I didnt think that was bad.........

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We have used Safeguard for last three years never had any problems and when we had a sudden deflation on the motorway breakdown there within twenty mins and the European cover is good.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Sounds very similar to the one I got the other day. Phone them back and quote you went to the NEC this year and they may take the 25% discount offered there. The did for me without the discount code. Check your vehicle details as the AA can't recover over 7.3 ft wide or over 3500Kg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Sounds very similar to the one I got the other day. Phone them back and quote you went to the NEC this year and they may take the 25% discount offered there. The did for me without the discount code. Check your vehicle details as the AA can't recover over 7.3 ft wide or over 3500Kg
I don't know that's quite correct as we have had three vans all over 3500kg and have been told by Safeguard that they can be recovered.
Just check before you buy

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
I don't know that's quite correct as we have had three vans all over 3500kg and have been told by Safeguard that they can be recovered.
Just check before you buy
Quote from the AA website.
AA Rescue
Where will AA transport your vehicle to? AA breakdown rescue extends to the whole of the UK and entitles you to be towed or transported to any single UK destination as long as your breakdown occurred within the UK. Cover can also be extended to include the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, however, appropriate cover for these needs to be purchased over the phone.
Which vehicles are covered? AA offers cover for cars, vans, minibuses and motorcycles that fall within the following restrictions: maximum weight 3.5 tonnes/3,500kg and maximum width 7 feet 6 inches/2.3 metres
Maximum Call Outs. AA membership offers a yearly allowance of between 5 and 7 call outs, depending on what type and level of cover you opt for.
What are the membership options? AA recovery can be added to either vehicle cover or personal cover. (Personal includes single, joint or family membership.) All AA membership options restrict the policy to a single address.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
yes they can,,she said that if you ring the aa direct they wont do it but when you go through safeguard they do recover ,,in fact i made that point and she said that they recover even RVs But you have to ring safeguard for their own arrangement !!

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Quote from the AA website.
AA Rescue
Where will AA transport your vehicle to? AA breakdown rescue extends to the whole of the UK and entitles you to be towed or transported to any single UK destination as long as your breakdown occurred within the UK. Cover can also be extended to include the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, however, appropriate cover for these needs to be purchased over the phone.
Which vehicles are covered? AA offers cover for cars, vans, minibuses and motorcycles that fall within the following restrictions: maximum weight 3.5 tonnes/3,500kg and maximum width 7 feet 6 inches/2.3 metres
Maximum Call Outs. AA membership offers a yearly allowance of between 5 and 7 call outs, depending on what type and level of cover you opt for.
What are the membership options? AA recovery can be added to either vehicle cover or personal cover. (Personal includes single, joint or family membership.) All AA membership options restrict the policy to a single address.
If you go through safeguard i was told you will be covered,,dont ring the AA directly,,safeguard have an arrangement with all who are covered with them !!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We've been with Safeguard for a few years now and they're excellent maybe not the cheapest but very good service.

Yes they do recover over 3500kgs we had a 7tonne RV recovered by them and a friend had a 12 tonne RV recovered by them.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Just found this on my policy.
What is covered
We cover the following vehicles

• Vehicles covered under the Safeguard Assistance European Cover and caravans or luggage trailers.
    All vehicles must be under 20 years of age, built to manufacturer’s specifications and in a fully roadworthy condition and serviced according to the vehicle manual. The number of passengers must not be more than the vehicle is designed to carry and for whom seats and restraints are fitted and in all cases the maximum number we cover is eight people including the driver. We will not cover you for any claims arising from or

in connection with the delivery of goods or equipment to commercial deadlines or if you are carrying paying passengers.

There is no cover for personal effects/goods/vehicles/ boats or other waterborne craft on or in your vehicle/ trailer, which remains your responsibility at all times.

• Vehicle dimensions – vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes (3,500kg)

Length 7 metres (23ft) Height 3 metres (9ft 10ins) Width 2.3 metres (7ft 6ins)

• Vehicle dimensions – vehicles over 3.5 tonnes (3,500 kg)

Length over 7 metres (23ft) Height over 3 metres (9ft 10ins) Width over 2.3 metres (7ft 6ins)

You must advise us if your vehicle has a mechanical warranty. While we will provide immediate assistance at the roadside, it is your responsibility to ensure that any subsequent repairs are in accordance with and do not invalidate your vehicle warranty

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
If you go through safeguard i was told you will be covered,,dont ring the AA directly,,safeguard have an arrangement with all who are covered with them !!

I am sure I read this as well on the conditions of cover policy they sent me, but duly noted. They should make this obvious straight off as this was the only reason I didn't go with them. Their loss I suppose, but will bear in mind on renewal. I used their quote to knock Caravan Guard down - Winner!!

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
fleet policy from aa with safeguard,,seperate dept than standard aa vehicles of 3.5 tonne have a different set of conditions that a vehicle over 3.5 tonnes has,, A vehicle of 3.5 tonnes does not have the amount of money in repairs,or recovery a policy holder of a vehicle over 3.5 tonnes has,,,, £1000 repair at roadside cover for 4,6 tonnes,,,approx £400 for vehicles of 3.5tonnes and under,,, FULL AA RECOVERY TO UK FOR VEHICLES OVER 3.5 TONNES with their fleet policy with the AA Ring them up,,speak to joe....0113 2581614 theres the horses mouth !!

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Good to kow for the future..:xThumb:

But do try the 25% NEC discount though. Good luck

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Have insured with Safeguard for ten years , three RVs and now a Hymer .
Comprehensive UK and EU cover including recovery for 7.5ton RVs .

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
If an old A class check the windscreen cover

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
yes nice one,,people seem to be very pleased with the service !!

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Tried to renew with Safeguard last week but Saga were £200 cheaper for exactly the same cover but less excess. Best to shop around.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Just had a quote for the motorhome i am possibly purchasing next week,,, i have only phoned safeguard so far but i am very happy with what i have been quoted.... £478.64 Fully comp...£4oo excess, £100 excess for unlimited windscreen cover,,AA recovery,homestart,recovery to uk etc,,all over europe.. 365 days cover for europe..to include £100,000 legal and medical costs,loss of work etc (providing its a non fault accident ) Now even though it was a hypethetical quote (dont know if i am buying it yet) I didnt think that was bad.........

None of the above can make any sense to us. We dont know your age ,how many points or not on your licence. Postcode. Driving history IE claims ect ect....

I paid just under 200 quid for a 40K vehicle . No points (fingers crossed) no claims. Low risk postcode. In fact as clean as it can get.

This doesn't mean I drive slowly , It doesn't mean I drive well, It just means I'm lucky ...........................................................;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back