Any ideas for a break in February half term.. (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Mrs M breaks up on Thursday 18th Feb (back following Sunday) so can get tunnel that evening..tunnel frequent traveler runs out next day so well timed

Thinking about Amsterdam but would it be to cold. We went there October last year and had a great time and it was cold enough then..any other ideas appeciated..looking for insperation to be honest

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We might have to pinch any ideas you don't want as we're off then as well. The brat is going skiing with school so just us and the dogs.
Probably going to just book the tunnel and go wherever has the best weather forecast at the time.

We went to Normandy at the same time this year and visited the beaches. The weather then was pretty much perfect.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I always have a pretty crap time in the October and February half terms.

It always seems to rain on me constantly.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Plenty of room in the Egyptian resorts I understand.

Wanted to go to Istanbul but that out of the question as well. It will probably be my last trip for a few years due to health problems ..so van will be up for sale after this break....

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Wanted to go to Istanbul but that out of the question as well. It will probably be my last trip for a few years due to health problems ..so van will be up for sale after this break....

Sorry to hear that.

You had better make it a good trip then.

Sorry I can't recommend anywhere. As per my post above, even if I did you would just get very wet.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Mrs M breaks up on Thursday 18th Feb (back following Sunday) so can get tunnel that evening..tunnel frequent traveler runs out next day so well timed

Thinking about Amsterdam but would it be to cold. We went there October last year and had a great time and it was cold enough then..any other ideas appeciated..looking for insperation to be honest

That's a late half term, they must vary around the country. Here in Poole we break up on the 12th so hoping for a last minute ski holiday if possible.

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !
Oh really sorry to hear that Judge. make it a great trip.
Do hope it is not going to stop you on this forum, always look forward to your posts.
Take it easy and take care of yourself.

regards

LC

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We went to Holland in April this year to see the bulbs - the wind was cold enough to cut you in half, but when the sun shone it was pleasant.
Sorry to hear you won't be motorhoming for a while Eddie - hopefully you'll be back on the road soon

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Champagne region? Plenty of nice Aires to stop. Epernay and Reims are both very pleasant. Champagne houses tours are pretty interesting.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Surprised the Germans allowed you to wear costumes in their spas. :whistle2:
I was happy to go 'natural' but Mrs C likes to keep her sergical stockings on at ALL times

image.jpg

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Paris? Easy to get to, fantastic city even if you've been loads of times before, ISIL will be focussing on London now anyway.:)
Very sorry to hear your news, best wishes and hope you keep posting. (My wife is really liking the hub driven Chinese e-bike you recommended, and we both appreciate the advice to buy British when we changed motorhome.)
Cheers,

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Oh really sorry to hear that Judge. make it a great trip.
Do hope it is not going to stop you on this forum, always look forward to your posts.
Take it easy and take care of yourself.

regards

LC

Same as LC. Hope you have a great trip, wherever you go. I also like reading your posts, and your advice was invaluable when we bought our van from Germany. I'm sure many others feel the same.
Hope you'll soon be back on the road.
Chris

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
sorry to hear that news @Judgemental hope you keep posting have done Belgium in February/
it snowed but was pleasant enough in the café and restaurant's
it depends what you need if you need EHU or can be off grid
bill

sue b

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking dont own one
Exp
im new

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Check the terms of Frequent Traveller.
I am pretty sure that in order to meet the valid for 12 months bit then you have to actually book and travel inside the 12 months.
You can't just book inside the period.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Check the terms of Frequent Traveller.
I am pretty sure that in order to meet the valid for 12 months bit then you have to actually book and travel inside the 12 months.
You can't just book inside the period.

Thanks but it ends the 23rd so fine:)

Jun 23, 2013
Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013 but been camping for 25+ years
Bruges is nice (and probably quiet at that time of year). Ghent is a lovely city which is often overlooked. Lille, Brussels or head down the French coast to Le Touquet, very pleasant.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Gordon Bennett - we went to Bruges one December and nearly froze to death and also went with friends to Amsterdam one March - canals, it appears, act as wind tunnels. Flippin freezing. Just as well there were lots of sex shops to dive into on every other corner and peruse their wares whilst we thawed out!

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Sorry to hear your news, really hope you can get sorted.
We had a lovely week in Holland in September With mostly lovely weather.
We enjoyed the Lauwersmeer National Park, Marken, Volendam, Edam, Amsterdam, Delft and the new food market in Rotterdam.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Quite a few events on in Holland in feb too inc Delft Blues festival.

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Agree with Bruges beautiful City and plenty of places to stay (for free) or you can do Ypres with the Menin Gate, great aire in the town and plenty of quality eating houses for Flemish Stew and the plethora of Belgium beers. Secret is to wrap up warm!

Jun 8, 2013
Taunton
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
4 years
Sorry to hear about your news make sure you keep active on here as I enjoy your input greatly - not been travelling enough to recommend anymore than already put forward

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
So sorry to hear your news Eddie - I sincerely hope you will stay on the funsters forum.

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery

Best regards

Tom (Teuchter)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back